Chapter 29 (Part 2)

Finally! I finished it! There's a special surprise towards the end of the chapter, so without further ado, enjoy part 2 of chapter 29! 

The venue for Pentagram City's Gala of the Arts was a huge waterfront hotel called the Heart Attack Hotel. Fifteen minutes before eight o'clock came around, the sidewalks of the hotel were already covered with spectators and paparazzi. The black and gold carpet had burly and scary looking alligator demon security guards to make sure no one would touch the celebrities. Luna seemed to recognize a couple of them and they seemed to recognize her as well. As soon as she and her friends stepped out of the town car, one guard walked over to the smaller demons and escorted them while the other offered his arm to Luna and escorted her up the carpet.

"Hey Luna" The one guard leading her said. "Remember us?" the other escorting Niffty and Bendy asked. Luna chuckled, "Of course I remember you two. How could I possibly forget the alligator brothers Samson and Cletus, two of the best security guards next to Robert in the entire hospital where we once worked at?" Samson and Cletus chuckled at the comment.

"How have you been? Molly told me that it's been hard on the both of you since your brother was killed." she asked. Luna knew that Samson and Cletus were younger than Robert and they looked up to him when they were younger, so to lose someone that close had to be really hard on them. Samson sighed, "Yeah... Robert dying like that was hard on us and Moll said you were taking it hard to Lu." Luna nodded and all too soon she and her friends were led to their assigned table. "We'll come and check in on ya later Lu." Cletus said with a toothy grin. She thanked them for escorting her and her friends before hugging them and they walked back outside.

The gala was held in a ballroom/event space. Everything inside the room was in the color scheme of black and gold with some white thrown in, making it look like something out of 'The Great Gatsby". It had an open bar, servers with drinks and food everywhere wearing attire from the 1920s and it included a balcony where guests can look out at the scenic views of Blood Lake and the woods close by.

The party was in full swing ahead of schedule with everyone in conversation, drinking, eating and overall enjoying themselves. The majority of the guests didn't know who Luna, Niffty, and Bendy were and wanted to kick them out, but then Nihasa Coyote appeared and he introduced them as his and Alastor's guests for the evening. They seemed to accept the explanation but Luna, Niffty and Bendy could tell that they thought otherwise. However, they were determined to not to let it get to them and just have a good time.

Ten minutes went by when Luna, Niffty, and Bendy learned who the speakers were and what four main categories within the arts were being celebrated for the year as they looked at the radio and music display. There was one for fashion and animation as well but they had to wait till later to look at them. Alexis Schneider who represented Fashion was to go first, Alastor and Nihasa who represented Radio and Music were to go second, and a demon announced as J who represented Animation was to go later in the evening.

Luna saw her date a few times before the gala started and she had never seen him wearing something other than his usual attire. He wasn't wearing his red suit jacket and black pants but instead wore a pinkish red dress shirt with white stripes, white dress pants with pinkish red stripes and a black section at the top of the pants with two gold buttons, his usual black bowtie, monocle, and black dress shoes. She did see her chance to interact with him but he was busy making sure that the gala was a success so she simply stayed out of his way.