Chapter 6

Luna was sitting on the hotel balcony at around 5 am. It had been a rough time for her. Alastor had advertised that for one week, demons across Hell would be given a trial of 3 free nights to check out the hotel and all it had to offer for redemption. Unfortunately, all this did was give them a reason to party, cause damage to the hotel and to themselves only to end up in the medical ward for treatments. The worst part was because it was for free, no one was held responsible for the damages. It was a good idea in theory but put into practice it was a total flop.

     During the entire week, it was nonstop action in the medical ward. Angel and Vaggie helped Luna the best they could but after 4 days Luna couldn't handle it anymore. So, Charlie told Luna take care of the demons to the best of her abilities and any care she couldn't provide were to be sent to another hospital for treatment. This ended the day before and by now everyone was back to their normal routine, all except for Luna. The only thing this trial did was give her insomnia, more anxiety and even worse nightmares.

     Because of this and in appreciation of hard work she did, Charlie gave Luna the week off. She tried to refuse her offer but Charlie, Vaggie and Baxter told her she was taking the week off, no excuses. To try to get more sleep, Luna went to bed early the night before. However, she was woken up to the sound of Angel pounding on her door drunk and high at 2 am. So, after an hour of taking care of him in the medical ward and 2 hours of trying to get back to sleep, she gave up.

     Unsure of what to do she decided to go outside and get some fresh air. It was supposed to be hot that day, so she wanted to enjoy the cool breeze while she could. She wore a lightweight pale blue v-neck t-shirt, Bermuda shorts and tennis shoes. As she sat in the chair, she started to zone out. It was still bothering her that Alastor seemed so familiar to her and yet she didn't know why. She tried to pick at her brain a bit but once again, found nothing. She sighed as she leaned more into the chair.

     She looked out at the city below. There was a park near by the hotel that had a southern charm to it with trees that had hangman's nooses on them. As she looked at the trees, a familiar tune came into her head. As she listened to the song, she closed her eyes and started to hum. Before she knew it, she started to sing softly,

"Are you, are you coming to the tree?

They strung up a man they say who murdered three

Strange things did happen here no stranger would it be

If we met at midnight in the hanging tree;

Are you, are you coming to the tree?

Where dead man called out for his love to flee

Strange things did happen here no stranger would it be

If we met at midnight in the hanging tree;

Are you, are you coming to the tree?

Where I told you to run so we'd both be free

Strange things did happen here no stranger would it be

If we met at midnight in the hanging tree;

Are you, are you coming to the tree?

Wear a necklace of hope side by side with me

Strange things did happen here no stranger would it be

If we met at midnight in the hanging tree;

Are you, are you coming to the tree?

Where I told you to run so we'd both be free

Strange things did happen here no stranger would it be