Chapter 15

A week later, things were somewhat normal again, except for the fact that Alastor was now courting Luna. Upon Luna's request, they decided to not tell anyone about their new relationship until she felt more adjusted to the whole thing. She'd never been a girlfriend before and she wanted to be sure she could be the best one she could possibly be for Alastor. She was grateful they were going at her pace, however that was about to change.

Luna was helping Niffty dust and clean around the lobby when they soon heard arguing among Vaggie and Angel, while Charlie and Alastor were talking among themselves. Vaggie and Angel's arguing was irritating Luna, so she did the only thing she could do: whistle. It was loud enough to get everyone's attention onto Luna, so she walked up to Vaggie and Angel and calmly said, "I'm sorry Angel and Miss Vaggie, but would you please stop arguing. It was just a bit too loud."

"Sorry Luna, I was getting after Angel on a bet we just made." Vaggie stated glaring at Angel who looked indifferent. "What bet?" Charlie asked walking up to her with Alastor not far behind.

"Vaggie was reading this dumb book, about how fast someone can get turned on just by having their neck kissed." Angel said. "What book was that?" Luna asked curiously. "Hell, it was some lesbian book, I don't know!" Angel groaned.

Vaggie glared at Angel again before finishing her story. "The book says that the person being kissed will be turned on in thirty seconds or less, this dumb ass agrees but I think it takes longer than that. So, we made a bet to see who was right."

"What were the stakes?" Niffty asked sitting on the back of the couch.

"If Vaggie was right I have to clean the hotel limo for two weeks and pay my bar tab." Angel said irritated that he agreed to it. "But if Angel was right, I have to be his wing woman at the bars for two weeks." Vaggie said just as irritated as Angel. "The problem is, I don't trust Angel to be honest about any of this."

"Hey! You get me and Husk in a room and I'll have him turned on ten seconds!" Angel yelled. "That's because you've been with him several times you slutty spider!" Vaggie yelled back. Luna whistled again to get them to stop.

"Pardon me, but may I give you two a suggestion?" Luna asked. Angel and Vaggie nodded curious as to what she would say. "I know nothing about romance and how to turn people on mind you, but it seems to me that the only way to solve this debate is by having a clean slate." With confused looks by everyone in the room, she continued. "What I mean is find a demon who has no experience who is willing to being kissed on the neck and do the experiment in front of both of you. This way there's no cheating or lying and there will be a clear winner."

"That's a great idea Luna!" Charlie said happily. "But who are we supposed to get that's willing to participate?" Vaggie asked.

As Charlie, Vaggie and Angel debated over who to ask, Alastor had the perfect person in mind, but wanted to be sure she was okay with it first, so he gently pulled Luna aside and whispered into her ear. Niffty took note of this and wondered what he was up to. Luna went wide eyed at the idea but after careful consideration she reluctantly agreed. She walked over to the group to get their attention and said, "I'll do it."

"What?!" They shouted which hurt Luna's ears. "I'm willing to be the participant." Luna said wincing from the pain.

"But you were kissed by Sir Pentious remember?" Charlie said. "I wasn't kissed on the neck, Mr. Husk and Molly assumed that one. In truth he was trying to bite me, but I jumped out of the way before he even had the chance to sink his fangs into my neck. So, I'm best suited for the job." Luna said which surprised everyone in the room.