Chapter 4

A/N:  *Please watch the video attached in the story, otherwise it may be confusing to follow.*

     Luna was sitting on her bed worn out, finally finished unpacking what little belongings she had in her room. She still couldn't believe she'd been here at the Happy Hotel for a while now and it still felt like an outsider. But then again everything happened too fast for her liking, especially after what happened.

     The explosion was from several bombs that were in different areas of the hospital. One of them had been in front of the entrance where Luna, Robert and his 2 other guards were. Only a handful of people made it out with minor injuries, including Luna. Molly wasn't even in the building at the time, so she got off scot free. Unfortunately, Robert had succumbed to his injuries hours after the blast had caused an irreparable brain hemorrhage. Luna, Molly and any other staff members helped as much as they could with the remaining survivors.

     An investigation revealed that the damage to the building was enough to shut down the hospital permanently and soon everyone was out of the job. Luna was in turmoil. Not only had the people she'd been running away from had found her, she just lost one of the few friends she had. On top of that, without a job she now had no financial means to pay rent, so she lost her apartment within seconds of returning home. Molly immediately told Luna she can stay with her if she wanted, and so she did just that.

     Even though Luna tried to hide her emotions, Molly knew she was needing more help than even she could provide. This was made clear after Luna was having several nightmares that same night and when she did fall asleep, she cried. So, Molly called Baxter told him that Luna needed to see him as soon as possible. So, an appointment was made the next day.

     After she told Baxter everything that happened, Baxter made the decision to bring in Charlie and Vaggie and have them listen to the story. Baxter then suggested to them that Luna would be a great asset to the hotel. She had an exemplary record, despite her current mental health status. She was even given raving references from her last boss and Molly, and even if there was a chance she wouldn't be redeemed, she was by far one of the best nurses in Hell. As far as her treatment from Baxter was concerned, there was no doubt being here was the best option for her.

     Charlie and Vaggie agreed, so the next thing she knew she was hired as a nurse for the hotel's medical ward and was given room and board. Since she was an employee, it also meant she would get her treatments for free. She was floored and stated over and over that she would pay for it, but Charlie was having none of it. So, Luna made it clear she would work extra hard to prove her worth.

     As time went by, she learned what her new responsibilities were, as well as the floor plans and the other employees of the hotel. She treated it as the same way she would learned about the hospital. She met Charlie a little more, finding her to be somewhat of a friend, a mom and a sister all in one. Vaggie was the no nonsense manager as well as Charlie's girlfriend. As tough as she was, she seemed like a friend to Luna, offering her whatever extra help Luna needed since she was the only nurse the hotel had.

     Husk was the hotel's bartender. Luna really disliked the fact that the hotel had a bar even though it was supposed to be like a rehab, but then again, all hotels had bars, so it really didn't matter what she thought. When Luna first interacted with Husk he was very gruff towards her, he eventually treated her with respect, well at least in his own way after a little while. Then came Niffty, the hotel's housekeeper. Luna found her to be much like Molly in a way. She was a fast worker and an even faster talker, so fast in fact that Luna had to ask her several times to slow down, but they became friends easily.