Chapter 22

I sat next to Yumi on her hospital bed with Mark and the others as she lays there with wires attached to her arms and face.

"Hyung. Is she going to be okay?" Yugyeom asked as Jackson tries to comfort him.

Mark doesn't say anything but just stare blankly at Yumi's current state.

"Mark. We are going to get something to eat. Want anything?" Jinyoung asked as Mark just continued to stare at Yumi, expressionless.

Jinyoung and the others leave the room, leaving Mark and I alone with Yumi.

"You need to eat something." I told him as he looked up and met my gaze.

"You do, too." He replied as he looked back at Yumi.

Just then, the door opened, revealing a guy wearing a white lab coat.

"Are you Yumi's guardian?" He asked, referring to Mark as he nodded his head in response.

"Right now, she's in a coma so I don't know when she'll wake up." The doctor said as Mark and I just looked at Yumi in worry.

"Thank you, doc." The doctor nodded as he left the room, leaving Mark and I alone.

"I'm going to get fresh air. I'll be right back." Mark said, leaving Yumi and I alone.

I waited until he left the room so I could talk to her alone.

"Hey, Yumi. It's Jungkook. The doctor said you are in a coma and doesn't know when you are going to wake up." I took her hand in mine, rubbing circles on it with my thumb.

"When you wake up, there is going to be a surprise for you. Only the members and I know so you better wake up. OK?" I kissed her forehead and sat back down when I heard the door open.

"Who are you?" I asked, standing up and looking at the man who just came in with a hood on.

I then see him holding something in his hand before he hid it in his pocket and started to run out, bumping into Mark in the process and running out the door.

'Weird.'

"Who was that?" Mark asked as he pointed to the man who just ran out.

"I don't know. He didn't say anything. He just stood there with something in his hand." I told him, sitting back down.

"Hey, Mark. Can I ask you something?"

"Sure. Go ahead."

'Should I ask for his blessing in order for me to marry Yumi? Will he accept it?'

"Can I have your blessing for me to marry Yumi?" His eyes widen in surprise.

'Oh, shit. I shouldn't have asked him.'

He then started to giggle as he took a deep breath.

'Did I say something funny?'

"I was waiting for you to ask me that. Took you long enough." He told me with a smile as I breathed in relief.

"So.... It's a yes?" His smile grows more wider, before nodding his head.

"But.... If you hurt her..." He started to point at me before I interrupted him.

"I won't. Thank you." I told him as I bowed towards him.

I took out my phone and texted the others about the news.

"I'll be right back. Call me when she wakes up." I told Mark as I left the room and into the hall.

"Hello?" I picked up the phone and held it to my ear.

"Did you get the message?" I asked as I wait for the reply.

"Yeah. Congratulations, man." Namjoon said as I looked at the door.

"Thanks. I'm thinking of proposing to her after she wakes up."

"That's a good idea but give her a little bit more time. Like.... Propose to her on Valentines Day." Namjoon said as I nodded my head in understanding.

"Not a bad idea. Thanks, hyung." I hung up the phone and put it back in my pocket.

I look at my watch to see the time and it was 3 o'clock. The ring, suit and dress shop closes soon.

'I still have time. I should tell Mark where I'm going. Just in case.'

I took out my phone and texted Mark as I got in my car and went to the shop.

FEW MINUTES LATER

I got the ring and my suit ready. Now I just need Yumi's dress so I have to ask Mark.

"Hey, Mark. What is Yumi's size for her wedding dress?"

"Her size for her wedding dress? Don't worry. I got it." He said as I widen my eyes in surprise.

"Really? OK. Thanks." I hung up the phone as I started the car and drove to the dorm to get some rest.

MARK'S POV

I was sitting next to Yumi as she is still sleeping in her hospital bed when I got a text from Jungkook asking me about Yumi's wedding dress size so I told him that I'll handle it.

I got out my phone and went online to search up wedding dresses before I order it.

'This one is not bad at all. Let me select the size.'

I selected the size and clicked the order button

And done. I decided to call the members about giving Yumi a welcome back party when she wakes up.

"Guys. I need you to plan a welcome back party for Yumi when she wakes up." I pressed the 'send' button and checked the time.

It was 10:30 at night. I should stay here and watch Yumi overnight.

I put my phone away and started to watch Yumi until she wakes up.