Chapter 44

Maya's pov

My eyes fluttered open and i felt niks arm around me as we were both lying in bed. He's still asleep. When he's asleep he looks like an angel but when he's awake... That's a whole different story. I carefully got out of niks arm and crept out the room and then it hit me.

It was my birthday today... Urgh!

I despise my birthday I didn't even acknowledge it before I met Nik. He makes a big deal out of it because he loves birthdays. I took a shower and put my hair up in a pony tail and decided I was not going to go school today i wasn't in the mood.

This is the outfit I was wearing

This is the outfit I was wearing. Its what I wear when I can't be bothered to get out the house. The top was too long so I knotted it up so It showed a little bit of my stomach. I looked in the mirror and I looked pale and I felt so dizzy. I probably just needed blood so I went to the fridge and grabbed a blood bags but then I felt sick rise up to my throat and I sped to the bathroom and was sick in the toilet.

What the hell Is wrong with me?

After that fiasco I went into niks room and I sat on the bed and I carefully nudged him.

" hey" I muttered

" hello love. Happy birthday!" he smirked as he sat up and kissed me.

" you remembered then" I asked but I was kind of hoping that he had forgot completely

" how could I forget my beautiful wife birthday" he smirked and I blushed.

" you make a big deal out of my birthday every single time" I said lying down next to him

" of course I do." he sits up he gives me his present and I hesitantly took it and opened it. Woah.

It was real diamond

It was real diamond. I shut it

" no Nik I can't... I can't have this" I stuttered because I was shocked he would buy this and he chuckled by my reaction.

" your other engagement ring was getting to old and I wanted to do this for you." he said taking the ring out and putting it on my finger " the diamond is one of a kind.... Just like you"

I kissed passionately and he deepened the kiss and he was on top of me... This wasnt starting to be such a bad birthday after all. He took off my top and I took of his shirt and well you know what happens next.
_______________________________________

I was now sitting on the couch watching TV and I decided to get some food. Since I'm a banshi and a vampire I can survive off blood or human food and I normally pick human food. I've learnt since the 20s that feeding is not right.

I was picked out serial and I sat down and I started to eat it and it tasted disgusting like it wasn't going to fill me up and I felt like I was going to be sick again so I just put the cerial down. What's wrong with me?

Then a scent caught my attention and I followed it to the fridge and it was the blood bags nik keeps. I reluctantly took one and started to drink it it felt delicious.

What's wrong with me I'm nauseous in the morning and also sick then anything human food or alcohol I throw up I went back to reality when I heard Niks voice.

" I'm off are you going to be OK here" Nik asked concerned

" yeah of course I will I probably will just watch TV and sketch" I told

" okay bye love" he kissed me and I kissed back and as soon as he closed the door behind him I dialled bonnie number only she'll know what's wrong with me.

" hey M" bonnie greets over the phone

" hey bon look I know you have school but I need you to drive over to the niks place I need you" I said nervously because I didn't know what was wrong with me

" are you okay" bonnie asked and I coukd hear her opening and shutting her car getting ready to go to school

" I don't know I just I need you to find out" I pleaded and she was silent for a sec

" OK I'll be right over" she says and I ended the call and waited for her.

A couple of minutes later I heard a knock on the door and I opened it and it was bonnie.

" hey" I greeted and she hugged me and I hugged her back

" so what's wrong" bonnie asked

" I don't know this morning and yesterday morning I felt nauseous and then I am sick and if I drink or eat human food or alcohol I'm sick" I told her.

" I have a spell in my grimore that can tell us. Do you have candles?" she asked

" yeah" I said then she went to her to get upstairs to get candles. I placed them evenly around the living room and bonnie came in with her grimore and sat in the centre of the room.

" Argasmi-fl alojv sekacnap" she chanted again and again and I felt something shift in me. I guess the speel was working. The candle flames grew bigger and her words got louder and then it just stopped the candles were blew away everything was just silent even bonnie.

Bonnie was frozen and I walked up to her.

" bonnie... Bonnie what's wrong with me" I asked

" your um... Your pregnant

My body stiffened and my eyes widened.

What?!?!?!