1

Aubrey

Somebody was yelling at the top of their lungs, an angry, threatening, booming yell that woke me up from my peaceful slumber. I stirred on Tyler's king sized bed, trying to block out all the noise I was hearing from downstairs. My ear quickly registering the voice as Tyler's.

He was going to give himself an early heart attack if he continued like this.

Bang!

I jolted up from bed immediately, guessing whatever was going on downstairs was getting pretty serious, the sound of the gunshot still resounded around his quarter of the Bresfort mafioso family mansion.

I put on my nightie robe and rushed downstairs.

"I gave you one job! Just one job and you failed." He sneered. "I hate failure, Lucas. I hate failure with everything boiling inside of me." Tyler's voice grew clearer as I entered into the big living room.

I watched as Lucas's left leg bled out.

Swallowing, I took in the scene in front of me.

Tyler had a gun pointed directly towards Lucas, whom he had already emptied a bullet to his leg.

"I got the job done, bu—but they tricked me, please—please, give me one more chance to—to make things right, spare me, Tyler." Lucas, begged.

Tyler's frown deepened. "What makes you think I would spare your life. You failed." Tyler said, through gritted teeth, as if it was enough reason to kill him.

I rolled my eyes.

Typical Tyler; he hated failure, something about his Father's code of conduct, he had killed so many people because they simply failed.

People who knew Tyler, called him a ruthless Demon.

Then again, people from this side of Vino, were all fucking corrupted in their own sick way.

This small town consisted of both the sweetest people, and the cruelest people to ever exist. So many people came here for tourism and all that shit, and they simply stayed in the sweetest parts of town.

I was stuck between both sides of Vino. I became stuck ever since I entered into Tyler's world.

Though, people in the cruelest parts of Vino saw Tyler as a Demon, in my eyes, Tyler was a big teddy bear who could be comforted easily, he had a huge heart and even though we didn't really know each other that well, there was a reason why Tyler Bresfort came to me when things went haywire for him.

I wasn't in love with Tyler, no, I knew better than to fall in love with someone like him; Tyler Bresfort didn't do love, he was just the 'fuck and leave' type of guy.

But something kept bringing him back to me.

Many who knew him were scared of him, but I didn't fear him. If all things, I pitied him, I worry that he was going to remain alone for the rest of his life. He distanced himself from everyone who tried to penetrate their way into his life.

Even his mom.

Tyler Bresfort had a huge family, from the little I'd learnt so far, they weren't all that popular here in Vino, but they had their own mansion nearby, but still far away from the chaos. I wouldn't say they were part of his mafioso family, but they carried that last name, which made them untouchable.

"I promise to do better next time, Please I beg you!" Lucas begged, holding his bleeding leg.

"See you in hell asshole." Tyler cocked the gun, preparing for the kill.