9

Tyler

My fingers moved round the tip of the coffee cup as my mind went worked it's way to different places.

I was currently in a nearby coffee shop, called coffee with Vino. I loved their coffee here, it was strong and it tasted really good.

I was actually waiting for detective Daves McConnell, I called him earlier today, asking him to meet up in this coffee shop, just like old times.

Like I'd planned, I didn't go to the hospital to see my mom and Jullie. Word was out. After the whole delivery gone wrong scheme we pulled on Alessandro, had him on high alert... despite everything, he smelt a fish.

Sitting here, I knew he had people watching my every move. It was stupid of him. I had nothing to hide, and he knew better than to cross my territory, he knew better than to start a war with me.

I had never been so confused in my entire life, I wanted to go see Jullie, but I couldn't, there was no one to tell my problems to, no one to give me advice... I had no one.

Sometimes I just wondered how my life would have been if I pursued my dream, if I became a cop. I would have a family, kids.. I'd call my mom anytime without the fear of putting her life in danger.

I would drop my kids off at school, I would have a wife to come home to.

I would not have to worry about putting Grey in danger.

Thinking of Grey, I have to get her out of that jail cell before the matter goes out of hands, and she's taken out of Vino. if she had been here, I would have figured out a solution to my current problem.

I don't want my sister to die, and she had been refusing to take any treatment unless she's me.

Jullie was stubborn like that, she and I were really close, before I followed my father's footsteps, leaving her and Max, my little brother; we did everything together, I gave her advice when she needed one, I spent quality time with her and I stopped boys from even looking at her twice.

But ever since I became a officially joined the family, I withdrew myself from my them, to keep them safe, the thought of anyone of them getting hurt was terrifying.

Now, Grey has been added to that list, now I regret ever sending her on such a life risky mission, I was really senseless then, what the heck was I even thinking?

It was funny, the only thing that made me realize my true feelings for Grey was her teary voice.

The way my heart had squeezed when I heard the resignation in her voice.

These past few days, I noticed her absence, she had literally touched every nook and cranny of my home and my heart, and the fact that I love—

Wait, I love Grey? If it wasn't love, then what the hell was this new crazy feeling I get in my chest when I think of her?

This is indeed crazy, Harboring these feeling was synonymous to signing her a death sentence. I have so many enemies here in Vino and in other places too.

If they have the slightest idea that I had people I care about, they would attack me by using them.

The thought of that was just nerve wrecking on its own.