14

Tyler

My feelings had gone from confused, to frustrated, bouncing all over sadness and then settling on anger, anger I wished so fervently, I could hold on to, but was quickly slipping away due to the feeling of relief.

"Here you go." My mom handed me a cold bottle of beer. I wasn't a fan, but that was the only drink with alcohol she kept in the house.

I had no idea why.

We had gotten back from the hospital about an hour ago and I still couldn't fathom the fact that it was all a fucking sham. They cooked up the whole scheme because all they wanted was to see me and to obviously distract me from my search for the Parcel.

They obviously weren't thinking about the consequences of their actions.

Using this whole method of 'illness' and a fucking self harm threat, wasn't funny, and it felt like I was the only one actually thinking of how fucked up that is.

Coming to them was at a risk. I pulled Aubrey with me, putting her in danger. Putting my mother and sister and this whole freaking mansion at gun point.

I was here because I cared.

When my enemies get a single whiff of this, I would have a lot of cleaning up to do.

"Do you think you can buy me over with some cheap beer?" I pulled a glare at my mom, standing in the warm kitchen, ignoring the sharp blows of nostalgia, hitting me from every corner of this mansion; the one I grew up in, the one I didn't realize I missed until now.

Her lips pressed into a warm smile, eyes shinning with joy anytime she looked in my direction. "It's not just any cheap beer. It's cheap cold beer, remember that time when you sneaked in here, so young, underaged and you took a bottle and drank from it because you said and I quote 'you love the way the bottle looked so cold and sweaty, and the tastes makes you feel like an adult.' After which I sent you to your room and argued with your distant aunt for leaving that in the open."

I dropped the 'cheap cold beer' on the table. "My tastes in things have changed over the past twelve years, and I don't drink beer."

"Pfft, you really haven't changed, have you?" Jullie's lips kicked up at the corner. She looked normal now, no more pale skin and the other make up that made it seem like she would die in a second, I wondered how she pulled that off.

"I still don't get it, how did you guys manage to make it look so real?" Aubrey asked, she was busy soaking down the beer, apparently falling in love with it.

"Oh, it's nothing a little make up couldn't pull off. I'm an aspiring actress, this was just a way of testing myself, and apparently it worked, considering TyTy's mood." Jullie smiled while I groaned at the nickname she used.

Nostalgia...

"Well congratulations, you might not actually live to remove the 'aspiring' from your dream profession because you just signed yourselves into a death contract. Do you know how many families would be out for your heads?"

"Dial it down,  will you? Don't over exaggerate." Aubrey said.

"I'm not, Gray; you of all people know that this is going to be a complete disaster, nothing good is going to come out of this."