3

Aubrey

The smell of the hot chocolate had me smiling, as I brought the mug to my lips, taking in a sip and marveling at the way it curled around my tongue.

Drexel watched me with uncertainty, bright green eyes searching my face like it would give him appropriate answers to the questions he had been brewing in his head.

"I'm still finding it difficult to understand why you keep pushing the buttons with this guy." He finally said. "When you came to Vino, I told you about the dark side, not so you could join in, Bree. I told you because I wanted you to stay the hell away from it."

I fought the urge to roll my eyes, as I settled in his soft couch. His apartment was where I found myself most times. It was cozy, homely and also welcoming. He had asked me to move in with him so we could split the rent and be in each other's company, but he had always done so much for me, and I didn't want to push it with him, even though I knew that was what he wanted.

"I'm just sleeping with him, not dating him." I told him.

"And committing crimes for him now."

This time, I actually rolled my eyes.

I was supposed to deliver the Parcel today, and I still couldn't believe that I agreed to doing it, I just didn't want to hurt Tyler by saying no; this was the first time he'd ask me to do something for him, asides from fucking him or cooking for him.

I couldn't help the warmth that came with the thought that Tyler trusted me enough to deliver his parcel, I knew how important that parcel was to him. I mean, that was the reason why he killed Simon, my Dad.

But he trusted me.

It was times like this that I thought Tyler saw me as more than just a fuck buddy. Sometimes he would blur the lines by something he said, or something he did, sometimes he would even make me feel better than all the other guys I'd dated. And I'd always talk myself from feeling more than I was supposed to feel with him.

Him calling me another woman's name was always a constant reminder.

"Tyler's a good guy." I said with a small shrug.

Drexel gave me a look that screamed, 'Really?'

I sighed. "Okay, maybe not really good, he's in between the two... and I like hanging out with him. We have pretty great conversations right after he's done fucking my brains out." I grinned.

Drexel shook his head. "At this point, I'm just gonna think this is a real relationship."

"It's not." I chuckled. "We just fuck and talk sometimes."

"And you cook for him."

"Because I like to cook for him. I like to cook generally.  And have you seen his kitchen? Anyone would want to cook there."

With a sigh, he drank his hot chocolate. "I can't wait for whatever charm that guy placed on you, to ware off... I miss my best friend." Drexel said. "The one who thinks rationally."

"I still think rationally." I said, sipping the hot chocolate.

"You're barely even here half of the time."

"What does that mean? Tyler never calls or texts me randomly. He never even calls. And whenever he texts me, it's just to ask me to come over. I'm always here, Drex."

"Oh, no you're not... You've been checking your phone from time to time for any text from Tyler." He laughed.

I dropped the mug. "Well, that's because I'm supposed to help him with something."