24

AUBREY

"I'll leave you both."

Max's voice broke into the tense atmosphere as he turned off the game and walked out, not before he turned to give me a thumbs up.

After he left, I stood up too, staring at Tyler who apparently, couldn't get his eyes off me, I really wanted to know what was going on in his head.

Seeing him now, I realized how much I missed him, I realized how much I hurt him, and I realized how much his last words hurt me. Fine, we said and did some things to each other, but that didn't stop the electrical intensity between us.. that didn't stop me from liking him or caring about him... That didn't make me hate him.

Whatever I feel for Tyler seemed to have doubled, just standing in the same room with him gave me all kinds of thoughts, it rose some hidden feelings I tried so hard to hide. Whatever I feel for Tyler doesn't have a definition yet. Yes, I like him... That's a fact, but- I can't allow it to grow. Tyler doesn't like me or even love me, and if I keep holding on to a fragile string, I'll definitely fall.

"You came." I found myself saying.

"You came too." He replied.

All that followed after was a deafening silence... OK, when did striking a conversation with Tyler become so difficult, and why the hell does it feel like my heart was about to fall off?!

Damn Aubrey! Just say something!!!

"How have you been?" We said at the same time.

An unexpected chuckle fell off his lips, and just like that, his face brightened and I couldn't stop staring.

"Aubrey I-" Tyler spoke up, but he paused like he was trying to look for a way to phrase his sentence. "I'm sorry." He said the 'sorry' word like he found it really difficult to pronounce it.

I raised my brows. "For what?" I asked, folding my arms to my chest.

He raked his hands through his hair. closing the door behind him, he walked further into the room. "For everything I said. I- I didn't mean it. I- I was just-"

"It's okay Tyler... I didn't take it to heart." I said although it was apparent I was lying.

"Really? It looked like you did... Besides, I'm tired of the sleepless nights- you always chase me with a fork in my dreams." He said.

I found myself laughing.

"I'm not Joking... I'm serious, it's not even a small fork, a big one- like yaay sized big," he illustrated with his hands wide apart. "I really need you to forgive me... That fork thing's not funny anymore."

I knew what he was doing. Trying to make me laugh, trying to make things easier for him. And hell, it was working. "A fork? Really? That's not even sharp enough."

"Oh, I guess dream Aubrey's gonna change her weapons tonight." He said.

I smiled. "Stop... This doesn't suit you... Don't ever try to be funny."

He raked his hands through his hair. "Sorry, I just feel so guilty... I made you cry."

Don't let it get to you Aubrey! Don't.