29

TYLER

        "I can't sit here and do nothing Davy, I feel so useless, Jullie's been kidnapped and I can't do a damn thing about it!"

  I stood by my window, looking off to space, the slight tingling in my stomach was unbearable! I had convinced Davy to allow me come back to my mansion and he agreed after so many days of begging and begging.

    I seriously felt so useless and stupid- Davy asked me to back off from the case, scared that Alessandro was just after my life... Well, I had to admit it, Davy was right, Alessandro was just after my life and my friggin parcel, now he has my sister.

   "First of all, you're not sitting, you're standing- secondly, I don't know why you're worrying, the authorities are taking over this case... Jullie will be brought back in no time, Alessandro will be behind bars too."

I scoffed. "If you had let me handle this case, Jullie would be back at the Bresfort mansion, drinking my mom's coffee and Alessandro, would be dead."

Davy shook his head. "Why do you always have to settle everything with violence, no one has to die here, Alessandro would be better off behind bars."

"Alessandro would escape under your noses, but no biggie- I'll always be at the other side of the door, ready to finish the job."

   Davy picked up my gun, accessing it. "Listen Ty, This is not just about rescuing Jullie, this is about catching a very dangerous criminal that may or may not be planning to take over Vino... This is an opportunity the authorities aren't going to let pass them by."

   I turned fully to look at him. "Are you serious right now? Jullie's life is at stake here, this is not just some investigation, this is Jullie- my sister, your friend!"

"You think I'm not affected by this? You don't know how worried I am Tyler... If it were up to me, I would have joined you in whatever you have planned out- but it's not, this is coming from an higher chain of command."

  I raked my hands through my hair,  moving to my work table and picking up my phone, that's strange.  Still no text messages from Aubrey. 

I told her I was going to be discharged today right? Or did I?

"So, Aubrey Chandler huh? Why are you still refusing to tell me about her?" Davy's voice made me look up at him.

"I don't want to talk about that- I want to talk about Jullie."

"Oh please Tyler- just to change the atmosphere, do you like her?" He asked me.

Like? That's nothing compared to what I feel for Aubrey, in fact, that doesn't even match up. I'm in love with Aubrey- in fact, I don't think 'Love' sums it up.

   Aubrey was my life, my everything.

When we started this sex without complication thing, I wouldn't have thought that I would be the one to cross that line. Aubrey walked her way into my heart, built a house, and started to live there...

I smiled at the silly thought.

"Tyler? Are you here with me?" Davy asked with a smug look on his face.