36

TYLER

  The jolly music in the background of the reception was doing nothing to distract me from my wife's beauty.

The wedding was a success, just like I planned it, we were actually doing the couple dance stuff, it was boring and stressful, all I wanted was for this night to end, I wanted some alone time with my wife.

My wife...

It sounded good in my ears, it made me realize how far we've come, all the killings and arguments- it all just led us here, to the reception of our wedding.

My mom was perhaps the happiest person at this reception, she was really happy, and she bragged about me to her friends, I guess they once told her that I would never ever get married.

  Actually, I once thought so... But meeting Aubrey, it all changed, my orientation on relationships changed, hell, I changed.

I needed to be with her alone, to savor and enjoy this night to the fullest.

"Why do you have that look on your face?"  Aubrey asked me, tilting her head to an angle and staring at me.

All I did was smile at her. "Do you wanna get out of here?" I asked her.

Her smile grew wider. "Where do you want to go?"

"For a walk? I just- I feel like seeing the stars with you... Is that weird?"

She chuckled. "It is, but I kinda like the sound of it."

"Great." I pulled her to me as we both escaped from the reception of our own wedding...

Immediately we stepped out, we were welcomed by the lovely waves of cool wind. Walking down the alley way, we both looked up at the sky.

"Wow... The night is so beautiful." Aubrey said in awe, looking up at the sky, all I did was stare at her beauty.

"Yeah... Really beautiful." I said absentmindedly.

"I can't believe we're married... Your mom looked really happy."

"Yeah, she did."

"What kind of impression did you put up about marriage? Your mom couldn't seem to believe you proposed."

"Haha... I don't know, i didn't really talk about it... I didn't think anyone would want to be with a guy like me."

"There's nothing wrong with you, Tyler." She said softly.

"You think?" I asked, looking ahead.

Aubrey stopped, making me stop too. "I know." She said. "You're not the same like you used to be... You're different- you're better... And I love you."

I smiled. "Yet I thought I'd dance on my own."

"Seriously? Calum Scott?"

"Why? Do you think I don't have good taste in music?" I asked her.

"You have good taste in everything," Aubrey replied with a heart-stopping smile.

This was it, the life I wanted, the life I'd always wanted to live.

I pulled Aubrey close to me.

"You don't know how happy I am... I love you so much... I don't even think love sums it all up... What I feel for you is beyond words."

"I know, you don't have to tell me." Aubrey smiled and was about to kiss me when we heard a loud scream from around a corner. "What the hell was that?" Aubrey asked.

"A scream?"

"I know that it's a scream... Why the hell was there a scream?"

"None of our business?" I said.

"Oh come on... We have to check it out... What if someone's in trouble?" Aubrey asked me.

"They got their selves in trouble, I think they'd be able to get themselves out of it..."

"Tyler."

"We didn't ditch our reception party to save screaming people."

"If someone needs help, we should just render it."

I groaned.

"Help!!! Somebody, please help!!!" The screaming was louder this time.

"Tyler come on." Aubrey pulled me in the direction of the voice...

With a huff, I followed her and picked up pace making sure to shield Aubrey from any kind of trouble.

Getting to the corner, I saw a lady crying.

"Miss, you okay?" I asked her.

"Yes... But, I don't think he is." She cried out...

I scrunched my brows, "Who?"

"B-behind you." She stuttered.

Aubrey and I looked at the direction she was pointing at, only to find a man pointing a gun directly at me.

With instincts, I pulled a shaky Aubrey behind me, and the next thing that happened was so fast.

Bang! Bang! Bang! Went the sound of his gun.

I felt the hard bullets pierce through my shirt to my skin, the next thing I heard was Aubrey's scream as I fell straight to the ground, unable to move or breath.

I couldn't control my eyelids as they fluttered close, taking me into a dark empty world.