7

Tyler

My heart was beating five times per second.

I was staring at the phone I used to answer Gray's call, my office was silent, the only sound that could be heard was the loud thumping of my heart. And the most funniest part was that, I knew why my heart was going ballistic.

Gray cried.

I knew she was crying, her voice said it all, but did she actually believe everything that I said? Didn't she think something was up? Why would she even think for a second that I would leave her to rot in jail?

There was something about her voice that made me feel something that I didn't want to ever, ever feel, her voice opened a lock in me that was meant to be locked.

There's no doubt about how I feel for Gray, and it hurts me to admit that I actually like her... I was the one who brought the rule of no attachment, just sex... And now? Now see what I'm going through, I can't even think straight anymore... Her words were cutting every last string of reserve that I have.

There was no going back now, what I felt for Gray was so strong.

But I knew that whatever it was, I couldn't let it grow, I can't put her in danger. If other families have the slightest idea of how dear I hold Gray close to my heart, they'll have something to use as leverage over me... And that was something I couldn't afford.

Whatever this is, I have to stop it... It's really bad for business.

"Tyler."

My head was spinning all over the place with different thoughts, even if I wanted to act like I didn't care about her, I still can't leave her in jail... I have to find a way to break her out.

"Tyler."

There must be a way, a way to burst her out without any complications... I'll have to contact Daves, he should be able help.

"Tyler!"

I jumped a little. Russo was standing right Infront of me.

Oh, he was still here?

"Why—" I took off the small device underneath my table, crushing it under my feet. "Why are you still here?" I asked him.

He gave a sly smile. "Is that a joke? Or are you seriously asking me that question?"

I scrunched my brows... I was starting to get angry. "What's that supposed mean?"

"We had a deal, Bresfort." The dwarf dared to say.

Nobody ever calls me Bresfort, no random person ever calls me Bresfort, my family members and Gray were the only people allowed to call me by my last name... Why did this dwarf decide to shorten his life span?

"I can't remember striking a deal with you." I answered.

"What the fuck man?" Russo said.

"If there's something you don't know about me, then I believe it's the fact that I don't do deals... Let me soften the blow... I tricked you." I said.