16

Tyler

I turned on my side, not wanting to get up. The memories of last night flooded my senses and I reached out to touch Gray, only to find an empty space?

Wait, empty space?

I jerked up immediately, and looked around.

Aubrey was gone.

Her shoes, her dress, her purse, there was no trace of her.

Why did she leave?

I sighed and lay back in bed for some minutes, thinking of reasons why Aubrey would leave after last night.

Okay fine, I kidnapped her, it was wrong, but last night was beautiful, didn't she like it? What was she thinking? Why did she leave like this?

"Arghh." I groaned and got out of bed.

Trying to get Aubrey out of my head, I went to have a cold bath. I had work to do today, there were some leads on the Parcel, and I planned to cover everything today.

There was no surveillance in my own side of the compound. I had it all removed after I took over. It was the little semblance of privacy I had.

But now, I knew why my father had placed it then. Situations like this. In-house traitors waiting to sell you out for a briefcase filled with money or drugs.

I honestly can't help but wonder who would decide to wake up one morning and just 'steal the Bresfort parcel'

Who would even think of wanting to face my wrath?

Who?

***

"Richie, my keys."

"Y-yes sir." Richie said, fumbling with my keys as he placed it on my palms, he was literally shaking.

"What the hell is wrong with you? You sick or something?" I asked him.

Richie furrowed his brows. "N-no sir, I just wanted to apologize." He said.

I turned to face him. "For what?"

"You see... Um... My girlfriend thought it was o-okay to use your kitchen, s-so she did." He stuttered.

I hid the amusement in my voice. "You have a girlfriend?" I asked.

"Yes, actually- she's my fiancee. We've been together for y-years now." Richie said.

I nodded my head thoughtfully. "Okay, whatever, as long as it's your girlfriend and not you."

"T-thank you sir."

"You sure you don't have a problem with your tongue?" I asked him again.

"N-no sir." He replied.

I shook my head and gestured for him to get in the car.

__

Within 40 minutes, we got to our destination, the house looked old and shabby, a very good hide out for the ex convicts.