2

Tyler

"Why didn't he come in person?"

My voice echoed around the spacious meeting office, as I leveled my gaze with Alessandro's right hand man, Russo; he was short and bald, and looked like someone who would most likely screw you over if given the opportunity.

I preferred calling him, The Dwarf. He didn't need to know that though.

"Alessandro is busy, and as his right hand, I'm here to discuss the sale." Russo said.

I sat up straight. "What do you know about the parcel?" I asked him, placing my hand on my chin, staring at him with a bored look.

"What? I've been in this business for years. Every motherfucker with a cock and gut like ours, knows what the Parcel is, Tyler." Russo responded smugly, but I didn't make any expression, Instead, I waited quietly for him to answer the actual question I asked.

Russo eyed me cautiously. "Is this a fucking interview?"

I still didn't respond.

Finally, he sighed. "I know that the parcel is very important to you, I know that Alfonso, your father, left it in your care, and you have yet to figure out how to open it... I know that you would sacrifice your life for it, and I know that you're planning to fuck up Alessandro, because you can never let anyone get their hands on that parcel." Russo said.

I nodded, the feeling of satisfaction settling my nerves. "And you're going to help me fuck up Alessandro?" I asked him.

"Yes, I am... But for something in return."

Idiot.

"What do you want in Return?" I asked him, playing his game.

A sly smirk cut across his dry lips. "We're going to share whatever's in that parcel fifty, fifty, plus four million dollars worth of the white bags."

I scoffed. Unable to hide how ridiculous he sounded.

The parcel was very important to me, if there was a word better than important, then I'd take it.

My dad left the Parcel in my care before he died. He had said time and time again that many Mafioso families would buy that parcel, for literally any amount of money, billions, trillions... it sounded like a joke to me because the Parcel was fucking priceless. I didn't know what was in it, Neither did any other Don, and that was what made the parcel completely priceless.

Actually, my plan was to fool Alessandro, take his money and cook up a story about the police, seizing the Parcel from the delivery; it would sound pretty lame to anyone who was an expert in making scenes, but not here in Vino, because I knew fairly well that all the mafioso families in Vino da Vinci, hated getting involved with the police.

"Do we have a deal, Tyler?" Russo's voice echoed through my thoughts.

I gave him a stern look, letting my head fall in a small nod. "Yes, Russo, we have a deal."

Russo smiled happily. Stupid fucker.

"I look forward to working with you, Tyler. Who do you have in mind to deliver the parcel? We both know you can't leave the family for the delivery?" Russo said.