Epilogue

Epilogue
Aubrey's pov

6 YEARS LATER

He changed... It was unbelievable but it happened, he stopped the unnecessary killings, he stopped the torture and kidnappings, he was really better, we were at peace... Or so we thought...

We lived every day for six years, looking begin our backs, knowing that it is only a matter of time before the Hawks finally strike with full force.

But I have no issue with Tyler going into full Mafia mode... Why? Well... I guess it was because Max was way more interested In all this shit than anybody would have thought... He was ever determined to get the parcel back to the Bresforts mob... But it wasn't just to keep it... His main motive was to destroy it.

He knew how important it was and how dangerous it would be if the key was with it... But I was pretty sure no one would be finding that key anytime soon.

It was still in my possession but there was this nagging feeling in my guts that told me to hand it over to Max now since his name was attached to it...

It should all be in his hands now... The fate of Vino da Vinci town.

I stood in the Bresfort's backyard, watching Tyler, Max, Jullie, and Carmen struggling to get the barbeque done.

My grip on the glass cup I held was a little tight, while my hands on my purse were so clicked. The key was in it... I wanted to hand it over to Max.

But is that the right thing to do? Wouldn't that be indirectly putting him in the direction of all this crap... He was seventeen now, tomorrow night would mark his eighteenth birthday... I should probably give it to him.

His name was written on the paper attached to it anyways? Why keep it from him?

"You okay?" Alicia's voice broke me out of my little trance.

I flashed her a smile. "Of course... Why wouldn't I be?"

"Cause your smile is fake and it's obvious you're not okay."

Tyler and I sorta made a pact not to mention anything about Alfonso's Issue.. it could break her.

"I'm fine. I was just lost in thoughts, that's all."

"What thoughts?"

"Um... About everything... I'm just so glad everyone is getting along-"

"Weren't they getting along? It's been close to five or six years since the Hawks issue... We've all gotten along quite well... We're all families now."

I sighed... "I know that... Don't mind me... I'm just... I don't know... Glad?"

"I am too... I'm glad Tyler spends enough time with us."

I smiled at her as she gave me a small Pat on the shoulder before walking in Tyler's direction.

I let out a sigh of relief, dropping my glass on a nearby stand and calling max over... It's now or never.

"Max?"

He turned in my direction immediately, I gestured for him to come over.. he handed the tray he was holding over to Carmen, making his way to me.

"Yeah?" He quirked a brow.

"Can we go somewhere more private?" I asked, he did that eye scanning thing he does whenever he wants to study someone. "don't start... Come on."

We both walked in, out of the ear and eyeshot.

"You know it's too early to give a birthday gift right? Moreover, I don't really like that shit."

I rolled my eyes. "I know... It's far from a birthday gift." I said, not surprised at the fact that he knew I was about to give him something. He can read anything.

"What is it?" His eyes grew serious as concern filled them. "You okay? Is anyone blackmail-"

"No..." I said, digging my hands into my purse and pulling out the box that harbored the key. "Here." I handed it over to him.

He furrowed his brows and opened the box. "Whoa... A key? Wait a minute... Is this- am I looking at"

"The key." I completed it for him.

"How the fuck did you get it?"

"Six years ago... It was dropped on my mom's doorstep. She gave it to me." I told him.

"Six years?! You freaking had the key for six solid years!" he whisper yelled.

"It's not too long? I was trying to protect you guys... I guess my twenty-one-year-old brain thought it could hide it forever... But now I guess you should have it."

His eyes scanned the key box as he brought out the small paper attached to it. "Why the hell is my name written on this paper?" He asked.

I Shrugged. "I don't know... But I guess that is for you to find out. Do you want to keep it? Or would you like me to"

"No, it's fine... All I need to do is find the parcel and destroy it along with this key."

I sighed. "You don't have to you know... It's really dangerous out there."

"You don't have to lecture me, Aubrey... This is my Job, ever since I took over from Tyler, it became my responsibility.. this wouldn't be my first time looking for the parcel... Enzo and I spend most of our time looking for it... You don't want to know the things we do day to day." He said it like it was a normal thing... Enzo was his cousin too... A year older than Max.

Max was right... It was his responsibility now... His job... But still- it was dangerous, but if I knew Max like I think I do... I would say he was born to meddle with danger... He was worse than Tyler, he was more secretive and close-minded and It wasn't healthy.

"Be careful Max."

He gave his signature expressionless look. "Aren't I always."