35

AUBREY

  Tyler's face formed into a wide grin as we got down from the car, I wonder why he brought me over to my mom's house?

"You didn't answer my question?" Tyler frowned.

"Maybe that's because you didn't answer mine earlier." I retorted.

   He asked me how his acting skills fell into place, I mean, I was worried- He acted like something terrible was about to happen and we needed to escape as our lives depended on it. He made it seem like our lives depended on it.

He swung his arm over my shoulder as we walked down the lawn to my mother's house, this place brought up so many memories for me.

  I had no idea why Tyler brought me here, but I guess I was glad that I finally got the chance to visit my mom.

I do hope my mom welcomes Tyler with open arms, which I doubt because she doesn't like him.

The door opened suddenly, revealing my mom and my sisters, Carmen and Lilo.

"He's here, he's here! is here!" Lilo yelled, rushing over to Tyler and jumping on him, my eyes widened at this...

What the-

"Hey, champ! Ready to show me that boat?" Tyler grinned at her like they'd known each other for years!

"Yes!" Lilo giggled and she turned to me, her smile expanding. "Hi, Aubrey!!!" She cheered.

I smiled in return, unable to comprehend what the hell just happened.

Lilo was just 11 while Carmen was 16.

Carmen made her way to us with a big smile on her face as she engulfed me in a heartwarming hug.

"I missed you, Aubrey," she said as she broke the hug.

"I missed you more," I replied.

"Hey, Ty..." She said to Tyler, "Come on in, you need to approve of my Chinese dragon thingy." Carmen said.

"Okay, will someone please tell me what the hell is going on? How do you guys even know each other?" I asked, looking from a smirking Tyler to my over-exited sisters and my surprisingly smiling mom.

"Come on girls, let's go in," Tyler said, giving my mom a quick hug before going in with Carmen and Lilo.

I turned to my mom.

"Mom? How do you guys know Tyler? I mean, last time I checked, you didn't like him... What happened?" I asked her.

She smiled and gave me a hug.

"He reached out to us few weeks ago, he came to visit too, he got along with Carmen and Lilo and won my heart while he was at it... You were right... He's not like his father, he's different. He's better." She smiled at me.

Did he come to visit? Oh my- this Bresfort bastard lied to me?!!! He freaking told me he was going for a...

"Meeting?" I remember my brows coming together in confusion as I watched Tyler grab his passport and some clothes.

"Yeah, it's a really important meeting, it concerns a- you know, one of my shipping companies... I think a boat got- I don't know, lost at sea?" I remember him looking like he was trying to phrase his sentence.

"Are you lying to me, Tyler?" I remember asking him.

"Of course not," He cupped my face in his hands and gave me a kiss on my temple. "I'm going to be back in two to three days... And you have to go to that conference meeting stuff, so... I don't think you'll miss me too much." I remember him giving me a very sly smile.