6

Tyler

"The job is done."

Russo's voice echoed around my office space, I turned to look at the dwarf, he was grinning from ear to ear.

"Mr Alessandro bought it, he thinks the police has the parcel, the money is all yours, Tyler." Russo said, scratching his thick beard.

I nodded slowly. "The girl has been arrested?" I asked.

"Yes Tyler, it all went as planned." Mr Russo said with a grin on his box like face.

"How long do you think she'll serve in jail?" I asked the dwarf, turning to him completely.

"Ten years, tops..." He said.

I swallowed down the weird feeling arising in my stomach. I wonder what Gray must think of me now? Surely she would hate me, probably planning of ways to end my life.

"But we do have one problem." Russo said.

My eyes met his in a swift moment. "What happened to her?" I asked, my voice rising on pitch.

"Nothing, it's not about the girl... But I must say, you really care about her." The dwarf said.

"Did your boss ever teach you what to say and what not to say in front of men like me?" I asked him, anger evident in my voice.

The dwarf smirked. "Alessandro wants me to record a conversation with you and the girl. He wants to be sure that this wasn't a sham."

I clenched my teeth together. "Her name is Gray, not the girl."

"Sorry Gray-"

"Don't you ever, call her Gray!" I seethed. What the hell was wrong with this fucking man?

"But you said-"

"I'm the only one who calls her that. Just call her Aubrey- no- no- don't call her Aubrey, you'll refer to her as Miss Chandler." I said.

"OK? Miss Chandler?" Russo said in his thick accented voice.

"Good. I thought you said Alessandro bought it?" I asked.

"He did, he just wants to make sure."

I raked my fingers through my hair.

"He asked me to install this underneath your table, that way, he'll be able to hear everything you say."

I rubbed my eyes... Damn, I never planned on doing this... My plan was simple... Get Gray arrested for a couple of hours, then I burst her out in the next couple of hours, without complications and questions from anybody.

Now I have to make it look real by telling her off on phone?

She's definitely going to hate me.

Well, I had a plan B for this, Incase things go sideways.

That was actually one reason why I asked Gray to teach me how to make spaghetti and meatballs, I loved her spaghetti and I knew that I wouldn't be able to do without it till I figured out a way to burst her out of jail.