17

Aubrey

"I should follow him."

I said as I paced back and forth, looking for God knows what. My thoughts going completely haywire in my head.

I saw it in his eyes, he was hurt, badly. He was hurt that I did this to him and I was hurt that he was hurt, he looked so defeated, so lost, and I was the cause of it all.

Me.

Why did I even venture into stealing the parcel in the first place? What the hell was I thinking? Wait—how did he even come to know?

Oh fuck, this is a mess. This is a total mess. I couldn't even protect the Parcel. I should have know better than to take something that valuable. Something that was wanted by a lot of mafioso families outside and inside of Vino.

"Are you crazy? You can't follow him now, he'll kill you!"

"He won't."

"Oh, I don't think you noticed how he killed you with his eyes already! I think you should give him some time to let it sink in." Drexel advised.

"Time? We don't have time, Drexel! I need to explain-"

"Explain what? That you wanted to take revenge? But stealing the one thing he would shut down the whole goddam Vino for? Now it's stolen for real."

I face palmed myself. "Fuck," my hands fell to my side again. "I just need to see him."

"Why? If you see this in a very good point of view, this is the time you should take advantage of the situation and leave Vino, For good. You won't have to worry about Tyler anymore, at least now that you're still fucking breathing."

"I want to worry about Tyler." I found myself saying.

Drexel eyed me slowly. "Don't tell me you like that guy." He said.

I stopped to think. I like him—yes, I like Tyler, I like him a lot and I don't want him to think that I betrayed him, I don't want him to hate me.

"I do."

Drexel came to me, held my shoulders and forced me to look at him. "Are you crazy?" He asked.

"I think so- I just need to see him- I need your car."

His hands fell to his side and then he gave me a very pitiful look, he dug into his pocket and brought out his keys.

I took them and hugged him. "Thank you, you're really the best." I said to him.

He smiled as he broke the hug. "Be careful Aubrey, things go sideways, run like hell." He said.

"He's not gonna hurt me, I'm sure of that." Am I? There's only one way to find out.

___

"Tyler! Tyler wait! Please listen to me." I begged as I ran after him, I got to his mansion just in time, he also just arrived. "Tyler, come on!" I finally reached him and grabbed his jacket, he swung his hand with force, making me stumble a little.