Chapter 8: Realizing the Reality (Season 1 Finale!)

No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

11 Years Ago... The Fateful Day Izuku Midoriya found out he was Quirkless...

Inko Midoriya slowly sat on the couch in her living room. She clasped her two hands together tightly as her clothes were slightly wet. Her eyes and face were red as dry streams of tears were evident on her young and gorgeous face. She was still crying fresh tears as they drop towards her lap. Her emotions were set to an all time high. The tears were filled with so much angst and depressed sadness that it could make the most positive and happiest person become enveloped with an unforgiving dose of absolute sorrow and misery.

Inko and her four-year old son, Izuku Midoriya, went to the Doctor today to see why the young green haired boy has yet to manifest his Quirk when everybody else in his age group have already done so. It was strange. When she was her son's age, she had long gotten her Quirk. The same goes for the young boy's Father. So why was it taking her Izuku so long to get his own power? She aimed to find out why. Also, it was her son's dream to become a Great and Righteous Hero like his idol All Might. So he was even more anxious to find out what his Quirk will be. He wanted to start working on it as soon as possible so he can train his power to the best of his ability so that he can be ready to become a Hero once he was of age.

However... Fate had different plans.

When they arrived to the Doctor, he analyzed Izuku's X-Rays and revealed to the Midoriya's that there was an absolute 0% chance of Izuku every manifesting a Quirk. The reason being that Izuku's toe was double-jointed. That extra joint isn't present in any person with a Quirk. They were only in people who were Quirkless. Meaning that Izuku's body hadn't gotten through the Evolutionary phase needed to be able to acquire a Quirk of his own. The Doctor told the Mother-Son duo that there was no chance that Izuku will ever become a Pro Hero. He told the young boy that he should just give up now as there was no point in chasing an impossible dream.

Izuku didn't even know how to react... he just stared in shock as his eyes widened. He couldn't believe it. 0% chance? No chance? Give up? Impossible dream?!

N-No! He didn't want to hear any of those words that came out of the Doctor's mouth!

From then on, it was a completely silent trip back home. As soon as they arrived at their house, Izuku immediately went straight to his bedroom. Inko, who was worried deeply about her son, went inside Izuku's room to see that he had the video of All Might's debut playing on his computer. Izuku turned around to face his mother as his eyes were completely full of tears and were trapped within his majestic green orbs.

Izuku pointed towards the computer screen as it showed an image of All Might smiling as he saved over hundreds of civilians as he inspired peace and justice with his smile and presence alone.

"You see Mom... he's always smiling... no matter what! H-H-He never gives up....." Izuku said as he stuttered due to the emotional turmoil that no boy as young, innocent, and pure as himself should never ever endure.

"C-Can... I become a Hero... just like him?" Izuku asked quietly as he indirectly pleaded for his mother to give him the hope and reassurance that he so desperately needed at the time.