Chapter 11: Race to the Finish!

And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

"Now, let's get started right away!" Midnight exclaimed as she prepared to explain the rules of the first game of the U.A. Sports Festival.

"U.A. does everything 'right away', huh?" Ochaco mumbled as she and many others still had a certain Green Haired Saiyan on their minds. More specifically, the shockingly eloquent Student Pledge he gave to kick off the Sports Festival. They certainly were not expecting the Class 1-A President to give such a heartfelt speech. Ochaco wondered what kind of like Izuku had lived before attending U.A., to make him say such things. It just made her much more motivated to do well in the Sports Festival and also get to know the Cinnamon Roll a little more.

'Izuku Midoriya, huh? You are an interesting character. Definitely different from the rest. I can't wait to see exactly what you're made of,' Shinso, a purple haired General Studies student thought as his respect levels for Izuku grew quite a bit. He expected the student who had gotten the highest score in the Entrance Exams to be a little more overconfident, arrogant, and would probably declare that he was going to win the whole damn thing. But instead, the Number One applicant seemed to be the exact opposite. Going off of his pledge, Shinso observed as Izuku as a humble young man who wanted everybody to do their absolute best. Maybe he has misjudged some of the students of Class 1-A...

People of the other classes were also having similar thoughts about Izuku. It was truly a surprise to the other classes to hear such words from a student of Class 1-A. A good majority of the classes thought that all students from the Hero Course would look down on the other classes, but they were wrong. They actually appreciated what Izuku said and just like Shinso, grew a newfound respect him.

Although there was something only a few people noticed about Izuku when he giving the Student Pledge. One of those few were none other than the Vice President of Class 1-A, Momo Yaoyorozu. While, Izuku was giving his speech, Momo focused on the Green Haired Saiyan's eyes and while she did see a burning inferno of motivation and determination to excel in the Festival, she also noticed something more... hidden. Hidden in his green orbs were years of pent up sadness and grief. It was very brief, but the black haired beauty was observant enough to catch it while everybody else was immersed in his words.

'Izuku... I don't know what may have happened to you in the past to have made you suffer through that much despair, but I promise I will do whatever it takes to help you with whatever you are going through.' Momo thought as like Ochaco, she wondered what life Izuku had to live through to have such sorrow in his eyes. It made the two just want to hug the Green Cinnamon Roll and relieve him of all of his pain.

A certain Orange-haired student from Class 1-B had similar thoughts...

"The first game is what you would call a qualifier! Every year, many drink their tears at this stage! Now, here is the fateful first game!" Midnight announced as with the swipe of her whip, a projection of a spinning wheel appeared behind the Rated-R Heroine. It immediately began to spin extremely quick as the participants began to grow anxious on what the first game will be.

"This year, it will be... " Midnight said ominously as the wheel continued to spin before it abruptly stopped.

"...this!" The spin wheel landed on the words, 'Obstacle Race!'

"An obstacle race?" Izuku said curiously as he wondered how an obstacle race game would work in the Sports Festival.

"All 11 classes will participate in this race. The course will be the outer circumference of this stadium, which is about 4 kilometers long!" Midnight said as the participants in the Festival widened their eyes at how long the race will be.