Chapter 15: Wrath Versus Pride

Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: Neither give place to the devil. Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth. Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice.

The crowd began cheering when Midnight announced the result of the match. On the jumbotron, Bakugo's face was displayed with the word, 'WINNER' next to it. Part of the ring was destroyed in the aftermath of Ochaco and Katsuki's battle. Cementos had to immediately begin repairing the ring with his Quirk for the next match. Robotic paramedics came and began carrying Ochaco away in a stretcher.

"Take her to Recovery Girl," Midnight commanded.

"I know." The robots then took Ochaco to Recovery Girl's temporary office so that she could get patched up for her injuries.

Bakugo stared wide-eyed to where Ochaco was stretchered out. The pain in his left cheek still stung and lingered from where Ochaco sucker punched him across the ring. She was actually doing damage to him during the fight. She made him actually try. And even after all of that, he didn't even land the final blow on her to win. She collapsed before he could beat her the way he wanted to win.

'I-If she had not run out of energy... would I still have won?! This is bullshit! Why did she have to pass out?! Our fight was not over yet! Damn it all!' Bakugo wanted a match with a proper finish. But it seems like it was not meant to be. Even if he got the win in the end, his pride still could barely fathom the possibility of the match having a different outcome if Ochaco never passed out.

"The third match of the first round... Oh, Uraraka... Oh yeah, Bakugo advances to the quarterfinals." Present Mic announced as with his tone of voice, it was clear that he was upset that Ochaco didn't pull off the miracle win that he and a lot of other people were hoping for.

"If you are going to do it, do it properly. Commentators are supposed to be unbiased." Aizawa commented with a monotone voice.

"Now let's pull ourselves together--"

"You're really letting your personal feelings take over... "

"We still have five more matches left in the first round! The next match should begin momentarily! Cementos needs a little more time to fix up the ring, but after he's done the fights will continue!"

The crowd cheered in excitement. After seeing a match like that, they couldn't wait to see what else was in store.

"Wow, Uraraka sure was something else huh, Midoriya?" Iida said as he and the rest of the First Years were still trying to recover after seeing the battle between Ochaco and Katsuki.

However, he got no response from the Green haired Saiyan.

Iida turned his head to see that Izuku was no longer present in the bleachers.

"Huh? Where did he go?"

Player Waiting Rooms...

Izuku took small steps in the halls. He was looking downward as his eyes were shadowed.

"Let's meet in the semi-finals!"

'Ochaco-chan... I'm sorry.'

Izuku knew that Ochaco was giving her absolute best in that match. He could feel it all the way up in the bleachers. She was determined to win. She even pulled out a Kamehameha out of nowhere. She did her best... but it just was not enough. And unfortunately, they won't be meeting in the semi-finals as she had hoped.