Catching up with family

The four of them stepped through the portal and head back to Pulau Rintis. At the other side, their families were already waiting for them.

"Appa!" "Mak!" "Mama!" " Atok!"

They immediately ran towards their families's open arms. Gopal was already crying like a big baby despite his age. Yaya and Ying were hugging their moms tightly.

Boboiboy was hugging his grandfather and was at the verge of tears. Ochobot was also hugging Tok Aba with his robotic hands.

"Atok!!!I missed you a lot...Eh?"

He looked behind his grandfather and see his two beloved people standing and looking at him.

"Ibu!!Ayah!!"
Boboiboy ran towards his parents. Now he was really crying. It has been a few months since he last saw them. Ever since he transferred here, he would usually call or video call them. Once in a while,his parents and siblings would visit him and Tok Aba here for a few days. The visits became more frequent this year as his parents wanted to support their son to face the biggest school exam in his life.

Although he appreciated the visits, Boboiboy decided that it was best his parents didn't drop by anymore . His parents were getting older and the journey between their home and Pulau Rintis required a long train ride. Furthermore,he was afraid that he couldn't spend much time with them during their visits because he wanted to learn and focus more on his studies. His parents were disapointed but they reluctantly agreed with their son's points. They converted to more calls and video chats instead to talk to each other.

Boboiboy clearly remember the night before he sat for his exam, it was pretty emotional and he ended up crying on the phone due to the stress and pressure. He was still a working TAPOPS agent throughout the years. Thankfully, Kokoci understood him and his friends' situation to face the exam. There were fewer missions for them this year. But it didn't deny the fact that there were days that they have to skip school to save the galaxy. It was tiring and Boboiboy was exhausted. He missed his parents and were afraid of letting them down. He was grateful that his parents were understanding and supported his decisions. He felt better after his parents encouraged him for tomorrow.

"Ibu!!!!Ayah!!! It has been too long!! I missed you!!!" Boboiboy was sobbing with tears between his parents.

"There,there", his mother calmed him down. "You're a big boy now aren't you? You've grown so much since we last saw you" His mother wiped the tears of her son's cheek.

"That's enough dear. Our son has cried a lot now today. Don't want to ruin his pretty face now don't we?" His father said.

"Ayah!!! " Boboiboy blushed at his father's joke. He glanced at Yaya who was already giggling at his father's statement.

"I was joking son. How have you been?" His father asked while laughing.

Gopal interrupted. "A bit too healthy, uncle. He's still fine despite almost getting hurt daily"

Boboiboy hit Gopal's back.

"Eeesh. Why did you said that?"

"What? It's true anyways."

"Yeah. It's as if he likes to fight other aliens" Tok Aba added.

Boboiboy's father laughed again. "Well that's my son"

"Hey,it's getting a bit late. Ying and I are gonna get going first okay. Bye!" Ying's mother waved at the group before heading home with Ying.

"Yeah. We have a big day tomorrow. I know Gopal here needs his beauty sleep before getting the results tomorrow" Gopal's dad replied.

"Appa!!! Don't remind me. I'm nervous" Gopal said to his father.

"Hesh. Drama queen" Ochobot rolled his eyes.

"Don't worry. I have faith that each one of you excel in your exam" Yaya's mother said to Gopal.

"Yalah Gopal. Believe in yourself. Now let's get back home" Gopal's father put a hand around his son's shoulder.

"Okay. Bye guys. See you tomorrow" Gopal started walking with his father.

"Bye!" The others waved.

"Let's get back home before it's too late. Good thing we're neighbours. At least the walk back home won't be too quiet" Tok Aba said to his family and Yaya's.

Boboiboy gulped and tried to keep his nerves down

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's note

Hey guys! Sorry for the slow development between Boya. But I promise that starting next chapter, there will be a lot of angst between Boboiboy and Yaya.

Peace!