Reckless Plan

As promised, the last chapter has been deleted.

..............

Boboiboy calmed himself as much as he could.

But how could he when his teammate and probably crush looked as if she was dead below him.

Wait, what?

Bad Boboiboy!

Now is not the time!

Focus!

Just at that moment, as if he was punished for having such absurd thoughts, he heard the unsettling noise of a branch breaking.

And another.

And another.

In just a blink of an eye, the network of flimsy branches supporting the unconscious Yaya broke beneath her.

And she was falling again.

On instinct, Boboiboy dashed forward on his board towards her.

He could see her closer now, but she was too far away for him to reach out.

Time was running out as they fell further down the cliff.

Boboiboy desperately wrecked his head for ideas, since he knew it was impossible for him to reach her before hitting the ground.

That was, until he saw where the both of them were falling into.

Love?

Pfft, no.

A river.

A wide, clean and blue River similar to the rivers on Earth.

The river stretched a long distance, paving its path on the ground below. He could hear the calming noise of the river flow beneath them.

Perfect.

Trusting himself in the air, he transformed.

"Boboiboy Water!"

A grin spread on his face as a plan formulated in his head.

Grateful that Boboiboy Water worked out a few years ago, he positioned himself to make it easier to be pulled by gravity.

Remembering the Physics classes where he often dozed off in but oddly aced, he tried to apply what knowledge he still remembered on free fall.

He scolded himself for sleeping in those classes since he struggled to achieve free fall.

As it meant that he was supposed to not encounter any air resistance as he fell 51 metres to the ground.

Which was also the height of the Niagara Falls if he was not mistaken.

He shook his head out of his brain, as he focused on the rippling sound of water.

He closed his eyes as he summoned the fluid into his will.

When he felt the water synchronised with his thoughts, he smirked.

"Water pillow!"

Just as he wanted, gallons of water piled up below. By mere seconds, a large pillow of water grew underneath them, promising a soft cushion for them both to land on.

At the same instance, he managed to achieve free fall.
He was surprised that he was able to achieve it in the first place.

But,

He cursed when he remembered that he was falling at the high speed of 10m/s during free fall.

And he was diving straight towards Yaya.

Without a second thought, he wrapped an arm around her form when he reached her. Hugging her close to his chest, they both crashed at an intense speed towards the water pillow.

Boboiboy exhaled a sigh of relief as the strong impact was cushioned by the water pillow, preventing any possible injuries.

However, he felt something was wrong.

Maybe it was because he didn't expect to achieve free fall,

Or he just realised that he was holding Yaya close to his body

Or he simply feared the possibility of being kicked in the face by Yaya.

All he was aware, was the reality that he momentarily lost his focus on his powers.

Which meant that he lost his attention to the water pillow.

But it was too late.

Just like a giant water bag, the water pillow split open , spilling the gallons of water back into the river.

Unfortunately, the pair was trapped in the motion as well.

Boboiboy held his breath and tightened his hold on Yaya, as a humongous wave of water swallowed them whole.

........................................................

Just keep in mind, the next part is just around the corner.