Two

A couple days later I woke up in a room, snuggled with Phoenix.

I shrieked and jumped out of the bed, backing against the wall as he woke up. "Why was I in bed with you?"

"You came in at like, eleven last night bawling your eyes out and said you had a nightmare." He said. "Being your friend I couldn't let you be alone after you told me about it. Come back to bed. It's too early."

"Phoenix what did I say it was about?" I asked, sitting on the bed.

"Something about an ex boyfriend and your father." He mumbled. "Please just cuddle with me and sleep a while longer."

I reluctantly crawled back under the blankets, letting him wrap his arms around me. "Phoenix, why do like to hold me like this?"

"Because you're like a snuggly kitten." He said, clearly asleep now. "I like holding you. We fit like puzzle pieces."

I closed my eyes and melted into him, kind of loving his warmth and letting it envelop me as I fell back asleep.
____________________________________

When I woke up Phoenix was gone, a note written in gold ink in his place.

'Went to work. I'll be back at two am.. Make yourself at home. Do as you please. ~P'

I got up and went downstairs, nearly getting lost in the huge mansion. I found my way to the kitchen and found another note next to a warmer full of eggs and bacon, a pot of fresh coffee in the machine.

'Made you breakfast. Hope you like it! There's hot coffee and if you'd like there's assorted teas in the cabinet. ~P'

I dished up a bowl of the food and went to the living room, sitting on the sofa and turning on the tv.

I flipped through channels and eventually found one to watch, curling up and eating the food. I lost track of time and a few hours passed out on the sofa, curled up with a blanket.
____________________________________

I jerked awake to the door slamming and grabbed my phone, finding it to be almost three am.

Phoenix stormed in and I sat up, lookin around in a groggy daze. "Are you okay?"

"You're still downstairs?" He asked. "Shouldn't you be, like, in bed or something?"

"I got up at like, noon. And found the food you made. And I was just watching tv." I said. "I, um, I don't know what happened. What's wrong?"

"Just, one of my employees broke their ankle and now I'm out my best guy." He sighed, sitting next to me. "This has been happening a lot and I'm running out of options."

"Um, Phoenix, I lost my job today. I got a call earlier and I'm out of work." I said. "I have a background in entertaining."

"You want to work for me?" He asked, looking at me.

I nodded. "You'd be impressed by what I can do."

"You're only twenty three. How do you have background in entertaining?" He wondered.

"My parents kicked me out when I was ten. Ended up being taken in by a man and woman that owned a teenage strip club and worked there serving drinks for a while. When I turned fifteen I was made to start dancing and showing off." I said quietly. "I was saved by the police after I turned seventeen. Lived in a foster home for a year, then went out on my own. Been alone ever since."

"You're not alone now." He said, moving closer. "Niko, are you sure you want to take a stage?"

I nodded. "I need something to do. And I'm sure it'll be fine. Not like I haven't had to whore around before."