Fifteen

The next week Niko followed me up to my parents front door, knocking on the door for me.

"Thanks princess." I smiled.

My mother opened the door and looked at me, confused. "What happened to you?"

"Lovely to see you too, mother." I sighed. "Niko, baby, this is my mom. Mom, this is my fiancee."

"Oh my god my boy is gettin married!" Mother squealed, hugging me. "Henry, come here!"

My father came out, looking at me. "Sup cripple."

"Shut up." I said. "Dad, this is my fiancee, Niko."

She shook my parents hands, then grabbed mine. "Um, hi."

"I figured you'd marry one of your dancers." He said.

"She is one of my dancers." I said. "Can we go inside? This chair is really uncomfortable."

They let us in and I took Niko to the living room, pulling myself onto the sofa. "Is Max coming?"

"Already here!" He shouted, tackling me. "What's up baby brother?!"

"We're the same age. And I was born first." I said. "Get off me."

He got up and looked at Niko, confused. "What's that?"

"That, is my fiancee." I said, pulling her onto my lap. "Niko, this is my twin brother, Max."

She waved, keeping her head down. "Hi."

"Baby, is something wrong?" I asked, picking a feather from her hair.

She shook her head. "No."

"You're a liar. Why don't you help me up and I'll show you around?" I suggested.

She nodded and helped me stand, letting me lean on her while I got used to it.

"Okay." I sighed. "Let's go see the house."

I managed to walk around, slowly making my way to the basement stairs. Niko followed me, nervously looking around.

"Baby, this is where me and my siblings hung out most of our lives." I said, turning on the light. "Mom kept it how we left it."

The string lights were still up and the old sofa was still where we'd left it. The tv was on the stand, decorated with the lights Kelly had put on it. The mini fridge was empty, but the freezer had popsicles.

"We figured you'd all come back eventually, so we left it the way it was." Mom said. "Sit down. You look like you're struggling."

I sat down and Niko sat beside me, holding my hand. "Babe, I don't feel well."

I felt her forehead, frowning. "You feel warm. Mom, do you have anything for a fever?"

She felt Nikos head, then her cheeks. "Sweetie, does your belly feel funny?"

She nodded, resting her head on my shoulder. "I'm gonna throw up."

Mom helped her to the bathroom and I heard her vomit, then start crying. I made my way to the bathroom, finding Niko on the floor, sobbing. "Why am I sick?!"

Mom took her temperature, sighing. "I'll go get some medicine. Phoenix, why don't you put her in your old room. She can rest there until dinner."

I helped Niko up, grabbing a puke bucket and taking her to my old bedroom. She collapsed on the bed and curled up, hugging one of the pillows. "This is really comfy."

"I know. I bought this bed myself my junior year." I sighed, helping her get comfortable and tucking her in. "You rest. I'll be back in a bit. My mother is gonna bring you some medicine."