Fourteen

A couple months later I was at physical therapy, holding onto the support rails as I made my first attempt at walking in months.

I managed to walk a few steps, my legs shakey and weak from not being used.

"Perfect. They're working again." The therapist said. She was overly excited and jittery, like she was on drugs or something.

I sat back down and sighed, drinking some water. "I know you're behind me Niko."

She hugged me, giggling. "It's really nice to see you walking again, daddy. I missed it."

"Me too princess." I sighed, kissing her. "Me too. What's in your bag?"

"Nothing important. I just went shopping." She said. "Got a couple things from that fancy lingerie store. Maybe I'll wear it for you tonight."

"Mmmmh, that'd be fantastic baby." I said quietly, looking up at her. "Have you gotten lunch yet?"

"Not yet. I was gonna wait till you could go with me." She said.

"I'm gonna be at least two more hours." I told her. "Why don't you go to the new shop across the road and get us some lunch? You can pick anything."

She nodded and I handed her my card, kissing her. "I love you, my beautiful bride to be."
____________________________________
Nikos POV~~

I left the therapy office and went to the restaurant across the road, tucking Phoenixs card in my bra

"Hello pretty lady." A man said. "How can Nugget help you today?"

"I, um, I need two orders of the parmesan chicken Alfredo pasta. Preferably bowtie pasta." I said, looking at the menu. "To go, please."

"As you wish." He said.

I put the card in the reader and waited till it beeped, then took it out and put it back in my bra.

"Can Nugget interest you in a date, pretty lady?" He asked.

"I'm afraid not." I said. "I'm engaged."

"That does not mean you can't go on a date with Nugget." He said, insisting.

"I really can't. My fiance will hate me and probably kill you." I said. "And it'd hurt my career."

"What is the pretty lady's career?" He asked.

"Exotic dancer." I replied, stepping back as he came around the counter. "In my fiance's club."

"How interesting." He said, looking at me curiously.

"Do you think Nugget could, touch, the pretty lady?" He asked.

"N- no." I said, stepping back and taking my food from the man bringing it out. "Thank you."

I tried to leave but the man grabbed my arm, then my breast. I screamed and heard a smack, then the hands let go and I backed away.

A big, buff guy had the man by the ear, dragging him back a few steps. "I'm terribly sorry Miss. Nugget can get a little, over infatuated with pretty women such as yourself. I hope he didn't do you any harm."

I shook my head, feeling for the card. I took it out, sighing in relief when it was still there.

"No! Mister Boss man must release Nugget!" The man cried. "Nugget must touch the pretty lady!"

"You should probably go." The boss said. "I'll keep him here until you're across the road."

I nodded and ran out, dashing across the road. Phoenix was outside, confused as to why I was crying. "Baby what's the matter?"