Eighteen

The next month I was in a dressing room, sitting on the floor in my wedding dress and crying.

The door opened and Kelly came in, panicking. "Niko what's wrong?"

"I can't find my locket!" I sobbed.

"Which one?" She asked.

"Phoenix got me a tainted diamond locket and I lost it!" I cried. "I was gonna wear it but I can't find it and he's gonna be mad at me!"

She dug around the drawers and bags, finding the box and handing it to me. "Here it is."

She helped me put it on and I managed to calm myself down, looking in the mirror and nearly crying again. "I ruined it!"

She grapped a wipe and cleaned my face, quickly redoing the makeup. "There we go. Let's get you out there. He's waiting."
____________________________________
Phoenix's POV--

Niko walked in and the music started, the guests standing.

She made her way to me, handing her bouquet to Kelly and taking my hands. "Hi."

"Hi princess." I smiled, wiping a stray tear off her cheek. "Is something the matter?"

She shook her head, tapping the locket around her neck. "Nope. It's all fine now. I had my breakdown and everything is okay."

"Good." I smiled, kissing the back of her hand. "You look, absolutely gorgeous."

She giggled and the priest cleared his throat, opening his book.
____________________________________

After the priests speech we started the ring ceremony, each of us turning to the family holding the objects.

Niko went first, taking my hand and going to slip the ring onto my finger. She hesitated, staring at my hand.

"Baby is something wrong?" I asked quietly.

She wavered, squeezing my hand. "This is gonna last, right?"

"Of course it is." I said. "Baby, look at me."

She looked up and I put my hand on her cheek, wiping away another tear. "Honey, if I thought for one second this might not last, I wouldn't have even bothered dating you in the first place. Okay?"

She nodded. "Okay."

She pressed a kiss to the ring and whispered something to it, then slipped it onto my finger. "Phoenix, with this ring I claim you as my husband, my lover, and my best friend. No one can ever take your place, and I promise no one will ever have to take mine. This ring is binding, binding your heart to mine so no matter where you are, you know I love you and will always love you. Please, never break your promise."

She looked up and I smiled. "I promise."

I took my ring, pressing a kiss to the ruby rose embedded in it. "Niko, with this ring, I make a promise to you, to never forget about you, and never forget how much you love me. This ring binds you to me, and acts as a reminder that I love you, and always will love you no matter what. I promise to never yell, and to talk out our problems, and to always be there when you need me."

I slipped the ring onto her finger, kissing her hand. "With this ring I claim you and my wife, my lover, and my best friend. And I hope that will never change. This ring binds your heart to mine, and my heart to yours. I promise you that this ring will never have to be replaced by another man, and I hope that mine won't be replaced by another woman. I promise to protect and provide for you, and do anything it takes to make you smile. With the final gesture, my promises are sealed, and the seal will never break."