Ten

A couple months later I woke up in my room and got up, getting dressed. I went downstairs to the kitchen and started making breakfast, startled by a sound in the living room.

I walked in, turning on the light. "Hello? Who's ther-mmh!"

Someone grabbed me around the waist and clamped their hand over my mouth, injecting me with something. They held onto me until I started getting weaker, my body slumping against theirs as I fell limp.

They laid me on the floor and knelt beside me, tucking my hair behind my ear. "If you're gonna dress and act like a woman, you might as well be one."
____________________________________

I woke up in the floor, surrounded by paramedics and cops, dizzy and dehydrated. "What happened?"

"Ma'am, are you alright?" Someone asked.

"Ma'am? What are you talking about?" I wondered. "I'm a man."

"No. Forgive me, but you're very clearly a woman." He said, gesturing to my body. "Can you tell me what happened?"

"Someone broke in, and they injected me with some kind of tranquilizer or something." I said, sitting up. "What's going on?"

"Ma'am that wasn't a tranquilizer." He said, helping me up. "There's been a new medication developed for trans genders and someone stole an entire shipment of it. You must've been one of their targets."

I ran to the full length mirror in the corner of the room, screaming when I saw my body. "No! No this can't be happening!"

"Ma'am calm down." He said. "It's okay."

"There has to be a reversal." I panicked. "I can't be a woman when my fiance comes home. He'll leave me for sure."

"Excuse me! Out of the way!" A familiar woman shouted. "Niko, are you alri- oh my god."

"Doctor Mullins." I whispered, whipping around. "No. No don't tell Phoenix about this."

"I came to get you, to go see him." She said. "Wow. When did you do this?"

"I didn't want to!" I cried. "I just, someone broke in and gave me some medication and now I'm this! And now Phoenix is going to leave me, isn't he?"

"Of course not." She said. "Everyone go away! She's fine!"

Everyone else left and I sat on the floor, bursting into tears. "Phoenix is going to leave me, isn't he?"

"He has no reason." She said. "Come on. Get dressed. You're gonna see him today."
____________________________________

Doctor Mullins sat me in the green house garden while she went to find Phoenix, locking the door to keep other patients from getting in and hurting me.

I sat quietly, looking at the roses and bleeding heart bushes, startled when I heard a rustling in the bushes beside me. "Hello?"

A deranged looking man jumped out and tackled me to the floor, almost growling as he leaned in close to my face. "You're very pretty. You'd make a nice addition to my collection."

I screamed and someone ran in, pulling him off me as the patient ripped my shirt open, exposing my breasts.

The person that saved me looked at me, freezing. "Niko?"

"Phoenix." I whispered, pushing myself up. I covered my chest with my jacket, trembling. "Hi."

"What happened to you?" He asked. "You're-"

"A woman." I squeaked, squeezing my eyes shut.

"You're beautiful." He sighed. "Like, you were gorgeous before and I thought I was in love with you before, but this, this is a whole new level."