six

6
_____

our mistakes,
the start of disaster.
_____

mark never got the chance to confront donghyuck about it.

he wouldn't give their tight schedule as an excuse, but it was a part of it. mark found himself having trouble to be around donghyuck. whenever mark went out at midnight to check on him, the room was always locked. it's as if donghyuck expected mark would be looking for him.

it was true.

donghyuck was expecting mark, but a part of him was still hurt whenever he thought about mark's words. mark was never in denial when it comes to their relationship, but that is behind the cameras, behind everyone's eyes. when exposes to the world, mark is one who wasn't fond of skinships or things related about having boys around him. fans joked about mark being the only straight one when all of them are gay.

they got that one wrong. it was a total opposite. donghyuck knew that much. true, mark avoided skinships at all cost but if they look enough, mark was just avoiding donghyuck. mark let the others touch him whenever they wanted, wherever they wanted.

mark said, it might be obvious, donghyuck would like to believe in that.

but donghyuck was an insecure person. he got that mark was trying to hide themselves properly but he can't help but to think, what would be so wrong if he's being affectionate in front of others? it's not like he didn't know his limits, of course he won't just kiss mark out of nowhere on a camera or something. what's wrong with being a little bit closer than how they're supposed to be?

but again, maybe donghyuck was just acting up, exaggerating and overthinking.

"haechan, get in line!"

donghyuck snapped out of his trance as their manager called for him.

the others were worried of him, donghyuck has been distracted lately. it wasn't like him to be so blank and lifeless. they wanted to say it's just him having his bad days but it's been a full three weeks.

"mark, do you know what happened to donghyuck?" taeyong asked mark, who only bit his lip. what can he say? donghyuck was hurt over mark's statement about them not being gay?

"he didn't say anything to me." mark muttered and taeyong just nodded understandingly.

what most of them had noticed too was the fact that donghyuck was not talking to mark. they saw how mark always search for donghyuck but end up being left alone. it seemed like donghyuck was avoiding him, which was something new.

now, don't get them wrong. donghyuck was extremely clingy to them, especially mark. to be seeing the two best friends not having a war with their mouths was strange.

they wondered if something had happened between them. they never say anything though, they wouldn't conclude something they wasn't sure of.

_____

i'm sorry for not updating :( i swear i was about to but i was busy with stuffs that i can't find time to spend it here

- tantan