quatorze

14
_____

the start of the ending,
our stage.

_____

it was that one particular day.

all of the boys were just laying around the living room, some were busy at the kitchen, music blasting loudly at one side of the room, others were focused on the movie. all of the boys decided to crashed to the dream's dorm since it's the biggest out of other. at times, chenle could be heard shrieking at the kitchen, kun sighing here and there, winwin playing cards with jungwoo, lucas and johnny battling inside the game of their phones, taeyong nagging for the mess, ten sleeping at the couch despite all the noises.

it was just a normal day.

what surprised them was when the door suddenly burst opened, revealing their manager with face contorted into some sort of anger, on his hands were some papers they didn't know the contents of. for the boys, they didn't care about their manager. the manager was one ignorant person and he always seems to be mad everywhere so it's an usual sight for all of them.

the unusual thing was when he slammed the table, glaring at each one of them. taeyong resisted the urge to roll his eyes, the manager was back at it again with his unnecessary lectures. what they didn't know was, he wasn't up for a lecture.

"everyone get out except for mark and donghyuck."

donghyuck's heart beats quicker as his name was mentioned. it was worrying that mark was also included, he can't help the bad feeling digging in his stomach. mark, that was conversing with taeil and renjun, stood up slowly while casting a confused glance at donghyuck. mark seems to not know what's going to happen, together with the other boys.

"why so suddenly?" jisung almost slap himself right there when he said it, he was really digging for his own grave as the manager glare hardened at him. "i need to talk to them, alone." the manager emphasized the last word, his voice laced with impatience and displeasure.

the others didn't know what got into their manager. still, they walked out, huffing out in annoyance and cursing in irritation for being chased out from their own dorm.

donghyuck knew what's coming.

the dorm was now in silent, all sorts of entertainment turned off, leaving the two poor boys dreaded the tense air hanging heavily in the room. donghyuck braced himself for the outrage of their manager right there. he don't even care how much visible he was shaking by now, how tears were pricking on his eyes, how mark were trying so hard to not get to him.

the manager threw the papers in front of them, all of it laying messily.

pictures of them.

mark eyes widened when he made out the image properly, not only the pictures were very clear, it showed them when they were kissing on their date few weeks ago. some pictures was when they were out buying food at late night, holding hands. some were them hugging one another at the dark alley at night, how their face was even visible, mark just didn't know who's that person that took these pictures.

both of the boys knew their life was ruined at that moment.

"i-i can explain," mark stuttered, scared to look at the manager's eyes. "there's nothing to explain, mark. this is enough evidence." mark was shut down when their manager spoke. donghyuck was getting restless in his frozen state, he knew better not to talk. donghyuck wasn't really good at sorting out problems and he knew things gonna get worser if he decides to use his mouth.

"how long has it been?"

the manager asked, crossing his arms as he looked at both boys. "almost a year." mark answered slowly, careful to choose his words properly. he can saw the exasperation on the manager's face as he said it. the manager laughed mockingly, "one year? so you guys have been kissing each other ass for that long?" mark had his fist balled, taking a breath as he reminded himself to not act recklessly.

mark glanced at donghyuck for a moment, worried of his being. he knew donghyuck wasn't taking it well, the manager's words was harsh and donghyuck was obviously biting his lip to stop the tears from coming out, his head hanging low.

"you got nothing to say, haechan? usually you would be the loudest, why are you so quiet now? your voice's gone from screaming his name while he fuck you?" mark snapped his gaze to the manager, "hyung, that's rude!" the manager just smirked, clearly insulting the boys. "rude? it's not rude if it was true though."

donghyuck no longer care.

he didn't care if his tears were running down his face, dripping to the floor below. their manager said some insults, said they were disgusting and everything, before leaving them, the pictures on the table. mark gathered all of it quickly, scrunching it to small particles and shoved it inside his pockets, not wanting any of the members find it.

mark then quickly pulled donghyuck to his embrace, donghyuck breaking down once he felt mark's arms wrapped around him.

this is it, the last of them.

those words were playing on donghyuck's mind. they were being too happy. he knew, they can't be happy because things would always go wrong when they enjoyed each other too much. they were careless, blind to what might happen to both of them. donghyuck doesn't even care who took the pictures, they were supposed to be more careful of their surrounding.

the other boys was quick to huddled around the two boys, in confusion why donghyuck was crying. all of them had eyes that demanded something from mark but mark wasn't looking at them, his only attention was concentrated on the boy in his arms. "baby, look at me." mark whispered lowly, though he don't even care if the others hear it. he don't give a fuck anymore. what he care was donghyuck and donghyuck only. his donghyuck was crying and he didn't like that.

"let me go mark."

donghyuck's voice, though cracking, was clear that it resonated through the room. mark's grip loosened reluctantly and his arms dropped by his side. his face was expressing the pain in his heart, eyes never leaving donghyuck that was still sniffing while frantically wiping off his tears using his sleeves.

the others were worried but no one ever utter a word, not wanting to get into something they didn't really know. jaemin was about to reach for donghyuck but donghyuck only shook his head.

"please, leave me alone."

then he left the dorm.

_____

i'm feeling so nice today i decided to hurt you guys dhsjkskak

- tantan