dix - sept

17
_____

the bed's getting cold
and you're not here.
_____

it happened few days after that they were called.

the boys were sitting at a long table, all facing each other as they waited for the ceo to come. it was a sudden meeting, they were woken up by the call of their manager which made the boys struggling with their clothes. they just took a quick shower, slipped in any clothes, a mask and a hat.

their movements halted when the door opened, revealing the ceo, followed by donghyuck. it relieved them to saw the boy after being so long separated but it concerned them that donghyuck didn't even meet their eyes. the boy looked like a dead corpse, he barely care about their worried stares watching him as he sat down beside jisung.

at that moment, it took mark every courage that he had in himself to not look at donghyuck.

mark didn't dare to look at donghyuck, he don't want to see how donghyuck was after mark himself, didn't even search for him.  mark knew donghyuck need him but mark felt like he don't deserve  donghyuck after he had left him alone for these few days. mark wanted donghyuck to be mad at him, blame him even if he knew donghyuck would be too nice to do so.

mark just knew donghyuck too well.

their manager was standing behind from where the ceo was sitting, eyes boring into each of them but specifically, the two boys.

"it's great to see all of you again, it's been a long time since we were gathered together like this." the ceo started while smiling but really, the boys wanted the meeting to end quickly. they haven't even get any breakfast, let alone a cup of coffee. not to mention that all of them got morning attitude. 

"i know that you are confused on why i called all of you here. sorry to breaks it to you, but it wasn't about the new album or anything."

kun sighed softly, not now i think.

the ceo then looked at them, somewhat sympathizing. the others didn't know what would that eyes mean, why their manager were looking at them like he's going to kill one of them real soon and how the two boys' life were barely hanging on the decision that would be make by their ceo.

"there was some sort of a controversy going around your group right now. for now, it's best if you avoid any social media platforms. there would be no schedule for now and i want all of you to get a break. if any of you want to go back to meet your parents, i will let you be but right now, i don't want any interaction with the fans out there." all of their heads snapped except for the other two, "how can we not talk with our fans?" taeyong blurted out, his eyebrow furrowing. "they will be wondering if we didn't say anything." jaehyun then added as he agreed with taeyong's words.

"the fans found out about something."

the manager intervened, much to the boys dislike. his voice were just so full of hatred. donghyuck clutched tightly to the fabric of the shirt he's wearing as he tried to calm himself. the manager's tone was accusing and he didn't like it one bit.

"may we know what happened? we can't do this if we didn't know anything." johnny asked slowly, the others nodding along with him.

the ceo sighed at the question. "i'm aware of that," but if the ceo was to answer them, he don't think the boys would take the news openly. he was already surprised, to break it out to the boys would be more than a surprise. "we can't really tell you now but i promise, we would tell you when the time is right." the ceo stared at each of them, hoping for them to understand. the boys glanced at each other before nodding.

"you may go, but i need to talk mark and haechan."

once again, the same people.

that totally began to raised suspicions between the boys that the two might have something to do with this so-called controversy. for donghyuck to suddenly cried after the manager met them meant that something was indeed wrong and mark seems so zoned out, a permanent anger inside his eyes whenever he looked at the manager. mark was a sweet boy, the others knew that, but lately, the boy was like a stranger. his mouth never running out of curses, he even swears when something went wrong, he snapped quite easily and didn't go out from his room.

nonetheless, they went out and gathered at the dorm, trying to brain out what might happen.