vingt - cinq

25
_____

we already had
too many tears.
_____

"what are you doing here?"

taeyong's voice came out harsher than he expected, which surprised himself and all the boys that were standing in front of him and jungwoo by now. jungwoo was crossing his arms, his eyes wandering to each one of the boys faces.

mark stood beside the two, head hanging low.

"please let me talk to donghyuck."

jaehyun was the one who came out first, begging the two that was standing right on donghyuck's door. both of them have made sure to take care of donghyuck and that mean they won't allow just anyone to meet him. jungwoo huffed, he don't like fighting with his members. he was the least person to ever be include in arguments, he always find a reason to avoid it. but jungwoo was upset with his members now, he don't hate them or that mad with them, he just felt the need to be overprotective to donghyuck.

jungwoo glanced at taeyong then jaehyun.

mark already told the two what had happened at the other dorm but it doesn't really change both boys mindset, jungwoo and taeyong were still firm at their choice of protecting donghyuck. it may come out as an exaggeration but really, taeyong and jungwoo just don't want donghyuck to be hurt anymore.

"we'll let you in but in one condition,"

the air was silence as they waited for taeyong to continue.

"if i see him crying again, i won't hesitate to stop you."

jaehyun gulped before nodding. taeyong had always known to be protective over his loved ones but jaehyun knew, donghyuck was a special one for taeyong.

"hyuck,"

donghyuck that was slouching at his bed, knees over his body and arms covering his eyes that were still fresh from crying, lifted his head to met jaehyun's eyes. despite jaehyun worrying for him, donghyuck was still scared. his breath hitched as jaehyun sat on his bed. donghyuck didn't want to hear to jaehyun, he might say some hurtful things to donghyuck and he didn't feel the need to be more in pain than he was right now.

"i'm sorry."

jaehyun was so genuine.

jaehyun had always been. he was never one to tell lies, never one to fake anything, never one to hide himself. jaehyun was always one of the most loving member. jaehyun was always trying to satisfy everyone, in a good way. he never like seeing anyone hurting, watching people unhappy or merely human hating one another.

that's why donghyuck was so scared. donghyuck thought maybe jaehyun finally had enough. jaehyun was great to keep everything bottled up, the frustration to not be able to help those in need, anger to not be able stop those who hurt others, everything that goes against his motto of, 'if everyone is happy, then so do i'. donghyuck thought jaehyun finally snapped after being so loving towards everyone.

maybe, donghyuck was wrong again.

"i shouldn't said that, i'm sorry."

jaehyun was now hugging donghyuck tightly, beating himself for hurting the younger boy.

"we accept you. please don't be sad, we're here."

that was all it take for donghyuck to smile again.

if only jaehyun had the time to ask what had gone wrong before, maybe this wouldn't happen. they can figure out ways to handle this properly without having to hurt one another like this. but for now, he was relieved that everything between them was fine again.

"baby,"

after minutes of exchanging thank you's to jaehyun, donghyuck saw mark walking inside the room, the others behind him. all of them came flooding in the room to meet donghyuck. times like this were the time when donghyuck realized he had so many good people by his side, those that are ready to stand together with him. they gradually came one by one and it might adds up in the future but donghyuck was still grateful for it.

the others smiled at him, jaehyun getting off him for mark to take donghyuck into his embrace. donghyuck curled himself right when mark had his arms tight around him, the other resting his head on donghyuck's shoulder. he was breathing softly as donghyuck patted his back gently.

mark had it hard too, it's not just donghyuck.

at that view, the others felt how both of the boys really does love one another. it made them more guilty for having a thought on breaking the two.

"we're sorry, hyung."

jisung croaked out lowly which made the others chuckled at the sight of their youngest. jisung wasn't one that shows his affection a lot but when he did, it was cute. donghyuck smiled tiredly, "it's okay, jisung." the others also felt bad but to be honest, donghyuck already forgave them.

actually, there's nothing to be forgive of though.

"do you mind us..?"

donghyuck asked with uncertainty, eyes glancing at the boys. at first, they didn't understand but they caught the sign later. "it's fine. we need to get use to it by the way." taeil said, smile never leaving his face. donghyuck was still hesitating for a while, he's not fond of being so open to others, especially when they always did it secretly. what taeil said was true though, if they wanted to accept mark and him, then they need to get use to their random affections.

"mark, look at me."

the latter forced himself to face donghyuck. the others were still kind of worried for mark, mark had it too rough from them.

donghyuck pressed his lips on mark's softly, closing his eyes. donghyuck was releasing all the pain inside his heart with that one kiss as mark brought him closer, hand over his heart as an evidence that his heart still beats the same for the other. the kiss was them feeling each other after longing for one's presence, them receiving each other after hurting for one's presence, and them reliving each other's memories of being together.

"let's leave them alone, unless you want to see them eating each other's face of course." taeyong sighed playfully, leaving the room while the others also made some noises at the background before walking out.

mark smiled into the kiss before continue kissing the other boy.

_____

y'all ever felt so betrayed you just want to laugh at yourself?

cause that's what i'm doing right now when i realized that donghyuck just had a dark brown hair and not black, the photoshoot were just making him look like he had one.

sm literally said sike to us hAH

i'm listening to nell now and wow i love being sad

- tantan