douze

12
_____

a day for us only,
you and me.
_____

"are you ready?"

mark asked, putting his phone inside the pocket of his jeans, glancing at donghyuck that was busy at the mirror, still fixing his hair. the other boy groaned, stressed with the way his hair had turned out.

donghyuck just had to get his 'bad hair day' today.

a pair of arms snaked around his waist, mark grinning from behind as he looked at donghyuck's frustrated face. "you look great hyuck." mark whispered to his ears while donghyuck rolled his eyes. taking a last look at himself, he pushed away mark's arms on him.

"that won't make me feel better, mark."

they stepped out from donghyuck's room as the others looked over at the two boys. "where are you guys going?" doyoung asked, his mouth full with popcorn. "while looking that good even." taeil added, a playful grin on his face. "we're going out." mark answered curtly, rolling his eyes at the way the others looking at them. "oh, so it's a date." yuta said, furrowing his eyebrow. mark was about to reply yuta but donghyuck cut him off by pulling his arms, answering yuta for him.

"yes it's a date so deal with it."

mark sighed as he examined the others widening eyes and fake gasps. "don't mind them, they're dumb." donghyuck said as they stepped out of the dorm and got inside the lift. "why would you say that?" mark questioned, tapping his foot while waiting the lift to reach the ground floor.

donghyuck was leaning against the wall, looking at mark lazily. "like i said, they're dumb. it's not like they'll suspect anything, they don't have enough knowledge to do that." was all donghyuck said.

mark mentally facepalm himself, donghyuck and his mouth were back once again.

donghyuck was wandering around, waiting for mark to be back from buying ice cream. they had agreed to went to a normal park date, it's hard to get a permission from the company when they requested to get out for a day. the company didn't even allow them to go too far, especially without their manager. the company was kind of strict but since their group doesn't really have any schedule for a while, the company let them go.

it's been so long since donghyuck had felt so free.

sure, there were some fans that followed them but when they kindly asked the fans to give them space to be alone, they relented to their favor which was a good thing. most of the fans were nice enough to not take any pictures while they were together.

"i can't believe i bought a mint flavor when i can just get a basic vanilla or chocolate flavor." donghyuck was greeted with mark holding two ice cream cones on his hands, mouth running around showing his discontentment. "what's wrong?" donghyuck asked, taking the vanilla ice cream from mark's hand. mark sighed, "don't mind me. i'm being stupid."

"when are you not though." mark hit donghyuck softly at the head as he heard donghyuck muttered that. they continue walking, both busy having their focus on the ice cream. their hands were brushing against one another and mark desperately wanted to hold the other's hand. they knew better to not do that though, there's a lot of people at the park even though it was monday.

they can saw some other couples also walking while talking a little bit, eyes never leaving one another. there's also some students running around, maybe skipping school. it's a great experience to skip school, at least once for every student.

back then when donghyuck was in high school, he can be considered as a troublemaker but still smart enough to ace his exams and got good grades. unlike jaemin that wasn't really good at his studies which made the boy as one of the nicest student at school that always focused on studying.

jeno though, that boy was another thing. he didn't study that much or so but he somehow managed to get top three in the class and the whole grade. it seems like jeno was naturally smart.

mark, that was one year older, was that popular senior. mark's training at sm was a popular gossip being talk in the school which made him so known. donghyuck didn't know him at first, but jaemin and jeno were friends with him which also made donghyuck to know him properly.

donghyuck remember that one time when both of them skipped classes, getting out to play at the arcade and just enjoy the whole day thoroughly.

it's a good time.

donghyuck smiled at the thoughts of it and mark noticed how donghyuck's stare lingered on the students, which mark supposed that donghyuck was under his memory lane. it also made mark smiled, he knew donghyuck was thinking about their time at school.

they decided to sit at one of the bench.

"you've been busy with your hair, hyuck." mark nudged the other boy, staring nonchalantly at donghyuck. "i'm walking beside the mark lee, i need to look better." mark snorted, "you're such an attention whore." donghyuck slapped mark's hand playfully, almost making the ice cream on his arms fall down. "yes, i love attention. it's not my fault that i wasn't born as you that make everyone turn their heads easily even if you didn't do anything." donghyuck pouted as mark laughed.

mark held both of donghyuck's cheek, squishing it with one hand. "cute." mark's heart fluttered and his smile widened as donghyuck whined.

_____

there would be a continuation for this

but i'm feeling great right now cause i didn't to school oof

- tantan