Chapter 28

Sure enough, the rest of the group arrived - including Temari and we headed off immediately. The first part of the journey was deadly quiet to which I didn't have the reason for. I didn't want them to be silent because I was angry, I just wanted Gaara. If I was able to transport last night, he would have never been taken. I blamed myself and I just wanted to hold him - the real Gaara.

Night fell and Naruto saw fit to speed up suddenly feeling extraordinarily irritated.

"Naruto, I told you already, stop messing up the formation!" Sakura scolded him.

"I'm not an idiot,  even I know what that the Akatsuki is after," Naruto snapped back slightly, "what's inside of me, Gaara and Mizuki."

Temari glanced at me slightly as she never knew that I held a jinchuriki but gained a close bonded relationship with me. I didn't bother to look back, just nodded slightly to confirm her suspicions.

Upon arriving at Suna, the first course of business was ensuring that Kankuro was okay. I heard briefly on the way there that he'd been poisoned with a substance that Suna didn't know much about. Luckily, since Sakura studied under Tsunade, she'd already thought of a way to extract the poison.  But as we ran to the hospital room, dad was attacked by an old woman. Instinctively, I knocked her away but made sure not to do so in such an aggressive way. But she certainly was a strong old woman.  I bared my teeth at her and she began to throw insults at my dad.

"How dare you show your face here White Fang! I will avenge my son!" She yelled with pure rage erupting from within her.  I then took into account that she had mentioned my late grandfather.

"Wait, this isn't the White-," I attempted to clear up the situation but was cut short by her war cry which was abruptly stopped. 

"Wait, older sister. He does resemble the White Fang but he definitely isn't him. Didn't he die a long time ago?" An old man who I assumed was her brother said. 

It took a while but she realised eventually that indeed my father wasn't the White Fang and decided to downplay her older age that had caused her to be at fault. I shook my head then noticed her inspect me thoroughly.

"You look like that man...siblings perhaps?" She assumed. Both of us shook our heads this time.

"No, he just ended up being a dumb young father," I responded for him, "If that wasn't obvious enough for you, I'm his daughter."

She shrugged her shoulders, "you men sure are dumb."

I glare harshly into her eyes scowling, "look, I may not carry my father's last name, but I don't appreciate you insulting him, you old fart." 

We were interrupted by Kankuro's sudden burst of pain to which Sakura responded to immediately. Everyone moved back to give her space to operate. She inspected the dilation of his eyes, the discolouration of his saliva and his heartbeat.  

"It's a metal orientated poison that deteriorated the muscle and bone," she said with a quick diagnosis. I myself was proud of her progress - she truly found her calling. She, of course, shocked the entire room.

She then called for equipment needed to extract the poison and the rest of us left the room. We were sat quietly on a bench before Naruto interrupted the silence with his curiosity.

"Uhm, Kakashi sensei, who was the White Fang of Konoha that the Granny was talking about?" he asked with genuine obliviousness.

"Oh, well simply put...my father," he responded awkwardly to which the elder siblings gasped to.

"No wonder, you both are spitting images of him. Although, you daughter looks like someone else who was familiar," the brother responded with.

I shrugged and suggested the idea, "maybe you knew my mother, people say I look more like her. Shion."

With that, a gentle gasp left their lips and they remained silent after that, discussing something perhaps with just looked between one another. A couple hours past and anxiety because to pit in my stomach as my mind swayed to Gaara once more.  But my thoughts of him were cut short when Sakura made it known she had stabilised Kankuro. Temari collapsed against the wall knowing now at least one brother was going to be okay.

A message then came in for the team that informed us that Team Gai would soon be arriving to provide support for us. And thank goodness for that, I couldn't help but think to myself. Kankuro soon awoke and provided us with a means to track the Akatsuki as he was sent out first and the next tracking squad had most likely been taken out. My father summoned his tracking dogs who then followed a scent trail of the perpetrators.

Soon after the two elders, later to be revealed at Chiyo and Ebizou entered the room to confirm one of the members of the Akatsuki to be Sasori. I had heard of him to be a puppet maker which would make perfect sense as to how Kankuro was beaten. Later Sakura came back up with the antidote for Kankuro but it had already reached dark. I knew then that there wasn't much point in leaving in pursuit of Gaara. We would have to rest and wait.

"But we should leave and find him now, we're wasting time," Naruto attempted to protest. I placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Naruto, first of all, we have no intel on where they had even begun to go towards. Second, we have a massive battle tomorrow most likely and we are absolutely in no condition to fight with how drained we are. Especially, Sakura right now. Lastly, we need back up from Team Gai, and they haven't arrived yet. Be patient," I attempted to make sense to him. It seemed to silence him for the moment.

As we begun to pack away to leave to where we were staying the night, Kankuro said one more thing to us, mainly directed at Naruto, "Please look after my little brother."

Soon after, we left.

Managed to push out another chapter. This will be the only one probably for a few weeks, but I'll try to get another out, ASAP.
Tell me what you thought about this chapter and gives a vote if you enjoyed!