Chapter 22

We splashed each other continuously while we were in the water. Eventually he pinned me against a rock behind me and tickled me. I squirmed in his grasp and squealed a little. Squealed. Imagine it for a second...Mizuki Ookami just squealed. I'll say it again so you get it. Squealed. He chuckled at me and caressed my face softly without realising he had done such an affectionate action.

"You're cute," he said.
The statement made my eyes widen slightly. Me? Cute? But I didn't have time to process the thought properly. He had his lips on my own. I had instantly melted into the warm kiss he shared with me. I tangled my fingers in his red firey hair as he kept his hands either side of me. I once again, immaturely got embarassed and pulled away. I kept my head turned but he was disatisfied turning my head back to face him and stroked my cheek.  

"Why so shy?" He asked.

I opened my mouth to answer but my head snapped towards a presents in the tree. Gaara did the same. I tilted my head and began to try to get out of Gaara's grasp. But he stopped me.

"Think about the situation we're in. Do you think it's wise to get out right now?" He asked.

I sighed and nodded. Instead I did a handsign.
"Water style: water rope," I said.
I thin line of water sprouted from the river and shot straight into the forest. A yell in pain followed by a thump on the floor was heard. They were dragged to us. Guess who it was.

"Dad, what are you doing here?" I asked raising an eyebrow.
He stood up slowly and backed up a little, "just making sure he wasnt gonna hurt you."

I frowned, "he couldn't if he wanted to."

edited 24/10/2018