Chapter 25

Not long after, his turn came and he was up against Sasuke. I sighed as I knew it might be the last time ever that I'd see him.  He back away from me but I went forward not wanting him to leave. But he held my shoulders and I went back. I looked away, down at my hands. He pulled it back and made me look into his ocean blue eyes.

"It's not goodbye, because that means forever," He said quietly.

A singular tear dripped down my face as he then went into the battlefield. I barely watched long enough before his village plan went into action. Feathers slowly fell down. But I obviously didn't fall under such weak genjutsu. Others began to fall down and that's when the attack happened. The ANBU surrounding us showed themselves. One went straight for me, probably seeing me and Gaara. I guess that made me a prime victim. A kunai went straight for my eye but was deflected by another kunai. Behind stood Kakashi.
"D-dad..." I stuttered.

"Go and protect Naruto. Now!" He yelled with urgency.

And so I did. I don't know how it happened so fast...Gaara was engulfed into his tailed beast. He was on the forehead, high in the air. It made his head look like he was a pimple. Naruto had Gamabunta summoned. I sighed as I knew his chakra would drain almost instantaneously. I jumped up next to him.

"Woah! Mizu, you scared me!" His eye widened.

I tilted my head slightly, "Mi...zu?"

"Yeah! Your nickname!" he grinned stupidly.

I nodded slowly understanding. I told him my plan...I had to dumb it out a bit since...well he's dumb, right?
I sat on the giant toad and began doing a phase of hand signs. Naruto had to keep fighting distracting Gaara. I could only do the hand signs slowly because I had never done it before. I have never needed to. Originally made for me to contain my tailed beast, but she's been good so far. I closed my eyes not focusing on the action in front of me. I wasn't even listening. I knew it would take a while for me to get through the handsigns. Like I had explain to Naruto.

edited:24/10/2018