Chapter 23

Kakashi scratched the back off his head nervously and sweat dropped. I then realized he came here to spy on me. My eyebrow twitched and he froze as he realized I figured it out. He backed off slowly away from me, laughing nervously.
"Now, now Mizuki-."

I growled, "I'm your daughter, idiot!"

With that he had sped off. I didn't even bother look at him scampering off. He had nearly crossed the line of me beating the living daylight out of him. Gaara had lifted my head again so I was looking at him. My breath was suddenly drawn from my lungs. He was so captivating. The moonlight glistening in his fiery red hair. The moon was practically his outline. He looked like an angel. I leaned forward, making my lips meet his own. This time it didn't last for long. I spent most of my time inspecting his appearance.

I was drawn to something I never actually realised about him, "you have no eyebrows?"

He laughed a little, "you're watching me with eyes like that and the first thing you say is, 'I have no eyebrows?"

When he had worded it like that, I couldn't help but feel a little ridiculous myself. Despite my silly question, he answered it.

"I was prematurely born so I didn't fully develop. My eyebrows never grew, only a few patches here and there. I shave it off since it looks ridiculous."

I chuckled to myself a little, my hand rising to curiously touch the tattoo on his forehead. It was definately real. I thought maybe it was a reminder to love himself more than he actually does.

And for the first time in around 6 years, I had smiled. I smiled sincerely. He had made more emotional improvement in me than anyone I had ever encountered. I was truly grateful he was apart of my complicated life.

Edited: 24/10/2018

You will have noticed I removed a lotttt of this chapter and changed it drastically. I thought it was moving a bit to quick in terms of their relationship development, especially since they were kids. Hope you understand.