Chapter 18

My face heated up furociously.  What...was that? Under what terms would I have ever done that?  It was embarrassing. I just kissed who was meant to be my enemy. How was I able to even trust him enough to do something like that?

"I...I have to go..." Gaara broke me out of my train of thoughts.

For some reason, my stomach pitted and I felt empty once again. But light was brought back to my eyes when he said that he'll see me later tonight - at the river. Could this be what it's like to be friends?

I slipped through the window and landed gracefully on the floor, not making a single sound. Just then, Kakashi appeared though my bedroom door. I knew he didn't hear me come though the window...he had damn good timing...

"What's up dad?" I asked.

"Well, you have a while before the one-on-one matches..." he started.

I nodded and beckoned him to continue, "so I was wondering if you'd help me. I'm going to train Sasuke..."

I narrowed my eyes at him, "you want me to help you train Sasgay the emo kid?"

He did his awkward closed eye smile, which I could see since he doesn't wear him mask around me. I rolled my eyes and tapped my feet impatiently. He sweat dropped and back out slowly. I sighed and held one hand up to stop him. The door was now to ridge to move. Kakashi looked at me waiting for me to attack him. But instead, I nodded.

"I'll help you with specific things. Only call me when you actually need me..." I stated my conditions.

He nodded and spoke again, "breakfast is ready by the way and cookies are ready to eat as well."

My eyes widened at the word 'cookies'. I loved cookies! I pushed Kakashi out of the way...more like man handled him, and rushed down stairs. There they were. Steaming on a side plate. I reached to get one but Kakashi stopped me.

"Ah ah ah!"

"But dad!" I whined and it felt like was actually his daughter just then.

"Breakfast first," He said strictly.

I glanced at the other plate expecting the worse, but it wasn't half bad actually. It had sasuage and egg. Doesn't seem like much but the amount he put on my plate. Yup, you would feel full. But in about a minute, I had finished it all. Now for my cookies! I lifted the plate and dad tried to get one. I slapped his hand away and dragged my tongue across the cookies.

"Mine!" I growled playfully.

He chuckled slightly and patted my head, "whatever kido."

I looked down at the plate, he hadn't called me that since my mother died. "I'm not a kid, old man."

"You've grown a lot and have actually made relationships with people. I'm really proud of you Mizuki," he smiled, patting my messy, snowy hair down.

A hint of a smile appeared on my lips.

edited: 24/10/2018

SabakuNoSora