Ch.2

Ch.2

Olivia awoke the next morning to Noah wiggling in her arms with his eyes wide open and looking directly at her. "Hey there little man.  Is someone hungry? And probably wet too, huh?" she coos at her little boy who's just staring up at her. She is met with gurgling noises as Noah begins to fuss. "Well let's get you all clean and dry first and then we'll go get you some breakfast. How does that sound?"  she says scooping the little boy up in her arms. Walking into the living room she goes to the diaper bag and grabs a clean bottle and the can of formula the ACS worker had given her as well as a fresh diaper,  the wipes, and a new onesie.

Laying Noah down on the sofa, Olivia changes his dirty diaper and gets him into a new onesie. "There we go Noah, all clean! Now, let's see what we can do about getting you some breakfast," she picks up Noah and grabs the bottle and formula and walks into the kitchen. Noah, growing increasingly unhappy, begins to whimper. "Oh I  know little guy! No one likes to be hungry, but mama's workin' on it," she says as she mixes Noah his bottle. Shaking the bottle to mix the formula and water together, then testing it on her arm, Olivia deems it suitable for Noah and begins feeding him. Noah begins suckling at the bottle in earnest, trying to get it all down as quickly as possible. "Woah there little one! You gotta slow down there for mama. We don't want you to get sick now do we? No we don't," she coos to him as she slightly pulls the nipple out of his mouth and then reinserts it into his wide open mouth encouraging him to slow down.

Grabbing her phone from the counter, having forgotten all about it when she made it home last night, Olivia makes her way to the couch, sitting down.  With one arm resting on the arm of the couch holding Noah while the other hand holds the bottle that feeds him. Noah, content with eating, becomes peaceful. Olivia rests the bottle against her so that Noah can still feed and reaches for her cell phone on the couch next to her. Olivia unlocks her phone and  checks the messages. Four calls from Fin, three from Nick, and one from Amanda. All of them wondering where she is and wanting to make sure she's okay. While Noah continues to feed she calls back Fin. Answering on the third ring Olivia is met with a "Detective Tutuola".

"Hey Fin, its Liv. I..."  is all she gets out before Fin jumps in with worried questions.

"Babygirl where are you? What happened? Are you okay? I heard you got custody of Noah? Congrat..." he is cut off by Olivia.

"Calm down Fin. I'm fine," she smiles looking down at Noah, as he lays in her arms, as he continues to suck at the bottle "We're fine." She takes a second to rearrange Noah on her lap then says  "How did you know that I got Noah? I've had him less than 24 hrs," shaking her head at how fast word can travel in such a large city.

"Liv. You know how it is. No one keeps their mouth shut. People see Olivia Benson leave ACS with a baby carrier and people start to talk,"  he says back to her in a rather flippant tone.

She laughs at this, thinking about just how much attention her personal life gets. "I guess that's true. But yes, I got custody of Noah. The Judge granted me with one year of being his foster mother, and the end of one year, if I chose to, I can I apply for permanent guardianship of Noah," she told her friend.

"Wow Babygirl! Congratulations," he said excitedly. "I'm really happy for you. Finally things are in your favor. How are you guys settling in?" Fin asked her.

She sighed, thinking of all the things she had to do today. "We're doing good. I just have a ton of things that I need to get for him. A whole nursery set, clothes, bottles, formula. You name it, I need it," she chuckled slightly.

"Don't worry," he assured her. "You'll be fine. Don't stress about it too much. You can do this and if you need anything you know you can call me, any time. Right?" he asked her.