Ch.43

"E!" Noah squealed when Elliot opened the door for his kids.

"Noah!" Eli said with equal enthusiasm as he hopped into the apartment. "Bring him over here," he instructed Elliot.

"Are you forgetting something?" Elliot asked, smirking with a raised eyebrow.

Eli put his hands on his hips while he thought for a moment before his eyes went wide and he ran to his Dad, wrapping his arms around his legs, "Sorry ... Hi Daddy, where's Livvie?"

Elliot hugged his son tight, "In the kitchen." He watched Eli run into the kitchen and hug Olivia, almost knocking her over.

"Livvie! I missed you," he smiled and she rubbed his back, running her fingers through his curly locks.

"I missed you too buddy. I'm sorry I couldn't make it to your game last weekend," she said kissing his head.

"It's okay. We lost," he told her.

"I know," she replied sadly, "But I heard you scored a goal."

His smile brightened, "Yup, it was a tough one too."

She chuckled, "I'm sure it was but you're just too fast they can't stop you!"

He giggled and ran off but turned back around after only a few feet and ran back to her, stopping right in front of her. "Hi baby," he said gently tapping her belly before running into the living room.

She stood there ... completely awed. The love and affection her unborn child was already receiving was something she never experienced, it took her breath away. Her eyes welled with tears and her hand came to rest upon her child, hoping all of the love she felt her baby could also fee it. She took a deep breath and looked up to see Elliot standing near her, his eyes fixed on her. She gave him a small smile, comforting his concern.

The rest of the kids filed in and they all gathered in the living room.

"I ordered  the pizza. Is there anything else you guys want?" Elliot asked coming into the living room.

"Can I have a beer?" Dickie asked, looking up from the carpet where he was playing with Eli and Noah.

"Are you going to stay here?" Olivia asked walking in with a bottle of wine and a case of beer.

Dickie shrugged, "Sure, I'm off tomorrow."

She set the case down and handed him a bottle, "I was just kidding. You're 21 ...  just be smart about it."

He chuckled, "I promise I am. I'm gonna stay anyway though, hangout with the boys tomorrow."

"That would actually work perfectly. Your Dad and I have an appointment with the realtor so if you could watch them we could get it done quicker?" She asked, taking a seat next to Elliot.