Ch.47

It was a chilly Saturday afternoon in the middle of November as Elliot and Olivia pulled into the driveway of the fifth house they have looked at that day. Over the past two weeks they have met with Jeanine twice and looked at a dozen or so houses. Some weren't big enough, others outdated, and a couple were even in areas Olivia and Elliot had regularly gone out on calls to.

"This is it," Olivia stated. "I have a feeling."

The house was a single family home with a large front yard and a sidewalk cutting through the front. The outside was cream colored siding with brick accents and had brick steps leading up to the large mahogany front door. There was a pull up driveway that led to a two car detached garage and to

the right of it had another large area of yard, already set up with a playground and a slab of stamped concrete with an awning.

"This is the most yard we've seen so far, plus it's fenced in," Elliot said, putting the car in park and looking around.

Olivia grabbed her glasses and pulled the listing out of her purse, "Four bedroom, three and a half bath, full finished basement. El, this has everything we've been looking for."

He looked over at her as she went over the sheet, a huge smile covering her face. "It's beautiful too, just don't get your hopes up until we see the inside."

She put the paper back in her purse and zipped up her jacket, "I'll try not to."

Olivia slid out of the car and Elliot came around to her side, taking her hand in his, "Let's go see if this is our house."

Walking up the steps to the front door Jeanine was waiting, "Alright guys, lucky number thirteen?"

Olivia and Elliot chuckled. "We're hoping," Olivia smiled.

Coming in through the door, there was a stairway to the left and to the right was an open entry way to the kitchen. Opposite the kitchen was a the formal dining room.

Jeanine shut the door behind them and pointed them towards the kitchen area, "They just renovated it, new granite counter tops with all new stainless steel appliances. The cabinets are wood with a cream finish and they added the island with the stools for extra seating."

"Given our numbers that's a plus," Elliot said, moving around the kitchen. "There's a lot of space for a big kitchen table too."

"Definitely. The current owners have three kids and a large extended family so they wanted to keep the layout open. The larger windows also help bring in a lot of natural light," Jeanine said moving from the kitchen into the living room. "They opened this up, adding the hardwood floors and taking out the

carpet."

"That'll be good for the kids, easy clean up," Elliot chimed in, looking to Olivia who had been pretty much silent since they had gotten into the house.

Jeanine moved through the living room, "There's an office through the here with double doors on both sides connecting it with the dining room." They followed her into the modestly sized office and into the dining room. "Would you like to see the down stairs first or go upstairs?"