Ch.38

A/N: Hope you are still enjoying the story. Here is some more.

Olivia had woken up before the alarm went off and was enjoying the peace and quiet. Her head was resting on Elliot's chest and his arms were wrapped tightly around her. Elliot's soft breathing was so soothing and had this calming effect on her that she had almost drifted off but that hope was shattered when the sound of the alarm blared throughout the room.

Elliot groaned and slapped at the alarm until the noise died. "I don't want you to go," he murmured, turning into her arms and burying his face in her neck.

She wrapped her arms around him, holding him to her. Her fingers ran through his hair as she dropped kisses onto the top of his head, "I know baby, I don't want to go either." Never had anything been more true. She wanted nothing more than to spend the rest of her days wrapped in his arms at home with her family but that couldn't happen. With the baby and finding a new place, they needed her income, not to mention she would go stir crazy without a job and the fact that she was pretty sure that if she didn't return soon she would get fired.

He sighed, enjoying the feeling of comfort he got anytime she was in his arms, "I'm going to miss you."

"I'm gonna miss you to," she whispered against his cheek, leaving kisses on the side of his face.

He made his way to her lips, kissing them softly but full of passion, resting his forehead against hers, "Just promise me you'll be safe."

"Always," she replied honestly and certainly before kissing him again.

"Okay. I trust you, more than anyone else on this planet," he kissed her collar bone, and rested his head back down on her chest.

"I love you so much," she cooed, snuggling down with him under the warmth of their blanket.

He kissed her again and holding her tightly, "I love you more than any words could ever possibly explain."

"Don't make me cry," she whispered, hiding her face in his chest.

He ran his hands through her hair, knowing that it soothed her, "Please don't cry. I wasn't trying to do that. I just want you to always know how much I love you."

She nodded her head against his chest and he felt the teardrops hit his skin. "I don't want to go," came her muffled cry, as her body shook.

His heart broke for her, "I know, I know. Just calm down, you're going to be okay. As soon as you walk in there and get back into the swing of things, you'll be fine." He felt her nod against his chest, "You're strong, you can handle anything that comes your way."

She kissed his chest, "I love you."

"I love you too," he kissed her deeply, pushing back on the bed and hovering over her. His lips trailed over her jaw, back to her ear, and down her neck until they heard Noah's babbling and the beginnings of a cry come through the monitor.