Ch.62

Elliot woke up with Olivia nestled tightly in his arms, he could feel their son kicking in her belly under his hand. He was strong and they were so close to meeting him he just couldn't wait for that day to come. Whenever it was, he wanted an easy delivery and a happy and healthy, Mommy and baby.

"Well little man," Elliot cooed softly, moving down the bed and resting both of his hands on Olivia's belly. "It's your Daddy...Your Mommy and I are going to set up your room today so it's all ready for when you get here." He propped himself on his elbow and rested his head against it, "We're letting your older brother Dickie pick out your name...I know, scary right?" He chuckled softly and rubbed his hand around her belly, loving every kick of a leg or arm he felt, "No, your brother will find you a good name. To be honest, he never really liked his nick name, he got used to it, but he knows how important picking out a name is." He left a couple soft kisses against her belly, enjoying the closeness he always felt to Olivia and their son when he was talking to him. "I can't wait to see you...to be able to hold you in my arms. You're such a blessing...I love you little one and I'll talk to you soon." He left one more kiss against her belly before pulling the blanket back over her and resting back down next to her.

"I love when you talk to him," Olivia said softly, her voice still raspy with sleep.

"I love talking to him," he replied just as quietly, turning to face her, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her close. "I feel closer to him when I can talk to him, feeling him kick against my hands...those are the best moments."

She ran her fingers through his hair, "I can't wait to see you with him."

"I can't wait to see you with him," Elliot murmured, kissing her lips softly. "The first time you get to hold your child is like nothing in this world."

"Noah and I have a bond that's incredible...like nothing I've ever felt for another person, but sometimes I feel that we were both robbed out of the great start we should have had," she confessed softly.

He kissed the top of her head and held her close, "The two of you have a bond that some parents never have with their kids...he knows you're his."

She tilted her head back and kissed him, "I love you for always doing that for me...getting me out of my head." She kissed him again and stoked his cheek, "Can you go get Noah and bring him in here? I miss him."

"Of course," Eliot replied softly, kissing her forehead before rolling out of bed to go get their son.

Noah was still sleeping peacefully when Elliot went to get him but he knew that Olivia needed this, she needed her son. Elliot scooped him up in his arms gently, thankful that Noah was a heavy sleeper. He kissed his forehead softly and padded back to the bedroom.

Elliot settled Noah on the bed and Olivia cuddled him close to her, laying down on her side and pulling the blankets around them.

"Thank you," she said softly, leaning over to him so she could capture his lips as he climbed in next to them. He kissed her forehead an laid down next to them. She ran her fingers through Noah's hair, kissing him softly on his cheeks and forehead, just taking him in. His little nose, his brown hair sticking out in every direction, his eye lids fluttering...he was hers and she was his, in every sense of the word. "I love this little boy, more than anything I ever thought possible."

"That's being a mother...you're a great mother," he said softly, pushing his fingers through her hair.

Olivia nuzzled her nose against Noah's cheek, "He's just so amazing...I don't want him to feel like I'm abandoning him when the baby gets here."

"Honey," he spoke softly, reaching over to her and resting his hand on her hip, giving it a gentle squeeze. "He'll never feel like he's being abandoned...he's got more love than anyone. We'll find a balance with him and the baby, he won't be left out...he's our son, he will always have our love."