Ch.61

Olivia curled in against Elliot's chest, the morning light coming in around the drapes. She dropped a kiss to his bare chest, pulling the covers up around her to help ward off the cool air.

"Good morning," Elliot mumbled softly, turning towards her and wrapping his arms around her, letting her head rest on his chest and her legs tangle with his. "Last day."

"I know," she said softly, kissing his neck with a feather light kiss.

His fingers tangled with her hair and he rubbed small soothing circles on her scalp, "You okay with that?"

She shrugged, "I think so." Olivia reached for his hand, lacing her fingers with his and running her thumb along the top of his hand.

"How are you feeling about it?" He asked quietly, giving her hand a gentle squeeze to convey his unwavering support.

"Excited... and sad," she admitted hesitantly, knowing in her heart of hearts he would understand her.

"That's normal...it's hard to leave that place... trust me, I understand that better than anyone," he said softly, taking a deep breath and kissing into her hair.

She looked to him, her eyes seeking his, the raw emotion in his eyes at the memory rendering her speechless. Kissing his jaw softly, she hoped she was able to give him her love and be able to comfort him in his moment of sadness.

"Is it wrong that I'm happy you're done for now?" He asked after a moment, managing to push the memories back into the recess of his mind, there was no need to go back there. She turned her face up to his at the confession, silently asking him to continue. He shrugged, kissing her temple and continued, "When you're not with me, there's no telling what you can get into." He felt her tense slightly against him and knew how she was taking what he said, "Not the way you're thinking."

"No?" She asked slightly defensive, fighting against him to put distance between them.

"No," he said sternly, pulling her to him and holding her tight. "I trust you...More than anything, I trust you," he waited for her to stop struggling against him and to see the understanding and acceptance of what he was saying cross her face. She settled down against him, waiting and allowing him to continue. "I know, as well as you do, that we can't control what comes walking into that precinct...sometimes trouble comes to us. You weren't going out on calls but that doesn't guarantee your safety...or our son's," Elliot said softly, releasing one arm to rest on her belly. "Having you away from there and having you in our house or my arms," he said softly, nuzzling face into her hair, "I know you're safe...both of you."

Olivia nodded in understanding, pushing herself up onto her elbow so she could reach his lips, leaving a soft kiss against them. "Will you come with me today? I just have to get some stuff from my office and finish some case reports."

He nodded, running his fingers through her hair, "We'll go together."

"Thank you," she smiled, kissing him one more time before sliding out of bed.

He reached for her hand and pulled her back, "Not yet."

"Babe," she said, allowing him to kiss her and getting lost in the moment, until their son landed another kick at her bladder. "Babe, let me go."

"I don't want to," he mumbled, kissing her neck.

"You have to," she said sternly, pushing him lightly. "Your son is bouncing on my bladder and I'm going to pee my pants."

He let go instantly and tried to contain the chuckle, "You're not wearing pants." She shot him a glare over her shoulder and he watched her naked form run, the fastest he's seen her run in months, straight to the bathroom, slamming the door behind her.