Chapter 28

|Y/N|

I was having a long and balanced rest. That all stopped when my mother baraged into my room with a worried face searching for something.

She immediately went to my closet. Scattering all my clothes, throwing them on the ground.

"[Y/N] did you clean put your closet by any chance?" she asked still throwing my stuff.

"As a matter of fact, I did." I reached under my bed and took out something.

"Well did you find something that may have been.." she stopped in mid sentence as she faced me.

I pulled out two bottles of alcohol. She was drinking again. The expression of worry changes to a look of pity.

"I s-see. You found..." she couldn't even get to half her sentence.

"I found this in my closet. Who knew I had a trap.door in there." I stood up from my bed, placed the alcohol on my desk.

I walked up to my mother and said, "You told me you stopped drinking. What is that?"

"You see... [Y/N]. I and your father did stop drinking. Well he did. I didn't." she walked and sat on my bed.

"I wanted to stop. I couldn't!" she took a deep breath, "I had a few drinks after you came back, the image of you running away brought me to that."

"Don't bring me into this. I had nothing to do with this. I ran away because of you, how you and dad always drank and hurt me." I controlled my anger, but it changed to sadness.

"I'm leaving." I walked to my closet and grabbed my duffle bag.

"You're what?" my mother walked up behind me and grabbed my hand, "You're not leaving."

"Yes she is. We're both leaving actually." my mother let go of my hand, my father was at the door with his bags packed as well.

"W-what?! Your not going anywhere. What about me." she rushed up in front of me and grabbed his collar.

"[Y/N] found those bottles in her closet days ago. She came to me and asked if it was mine." the father said releasing my mother's hands from his.

"It wasn't his. Dad and I went to the doctor to do a blood test to find out if he had any in his system. He had no alcohol." I interupted.

"Anyways, you should be able to pick up the pieces from there. Let's go [Y/N]." my dad walked away from my mother. I lifted my bag and chased after him.

My mother was alone, on the ground crying disgustingly.

"Hey dad, can we go to Taylor and Tyler's place." we were already outside opening the car. He gave a slight nod and started the car.

"So....Taylor, he's your..."

"Yes dad. He is. But it's not going well." I said turning up the volume.

"Why is that?" my dad asked me.

"Last time when we went to the movies with some friends- with a friend. He was acting strange afterwards."

"Is he having second thoughts about this relationship? Because everyone always does." he said obviously pointing out himself.

"Yeah. I think I should break up with him thought. It's not working out."

"Do what you need to do to make your life better." he smiled at me. It was really nice for him to say something like that.

We pulled up at there place. It looks better every time. As we got out and headed toaards the door, I notice a read haired boy looking through a window. Taylor's window to be mote accurate.

"Dad look." I tugged onto my dad's shirt and pulled him back. I pointed to the red head and my father just looked confused.

"Who is that?" he asked me.

I gave a little shrug and headed towards him, "Excuse me, what are you doing?"

He turned quickly and fell from where he was placed. He landed in a rose bush. I wonder if he's okay?

I walked up to the bush and separated the roses, he was just laying there, not fazed by anything.

"Can I help you?" he asked me.

"Yeah um... why were you up there?" I said, my dad closely behind him bringing out his bat.

He got up and dusted off his clothes. I soon noticed he was a boy, but he's look twenty...ish, very attractive.

"Tell your father to put his bat back in the car, then I'll answer your question." he demanded. I signaled my dad to do as he said.

"I was just checking if anyone was home." he answered. He then took out a paper from his pocket, "This is the Micanbrin family residence right?"

"No, this is the Laura family residence. I know for sure because my two friends live here." I answered.

"Laura family? Looks like I got the wrong address. Thank you for telling me." he thanked us and walked off.

We watched him enter a black limo and drive off.

I rang the doorbell and Tyler opened it. He looked depressed to see me.

"Hey Tyler-" he then swung the door shut. Rude. Is he still mad about what happened.

I furiously rang the doorbell and awaited for someone to answer. It was their adoptive father, Mike. I call him by his first name.

"Your here. It's nice to see you again [Y/N]." He sounded like he expected us.

"Nice to see you Mike." I said. He signaled us to walk in and take a seat in the dining hall.

"I heard what happened with your mother [Y/N]. I very sorry." he said drinking [favourite drink]. I want some.

He noticed me eyeing the cup, "Would you like some?" he asked.

I would have said yes with no hesitation, instead I shook my head no.

"Okay. [Y/N] do you know why your here?"

"Yeah I asked to come here." I said pointing out the obvious. He gave me a slight smile.

"We were going to come here anyway [Y/N]. You see..." he paused then continued, "You'll be staying here, with the Laura family."

My eyes shot opened. I be staying here. He said 'You'll' be staying here, just me.

"Where are you going?" I asked calmly.

"I... I have... cancer, [Y/N]. A none curable one." he answered faintly. He rubbed his fingers against his temples.

"I should have told you earlier." he finished.

"What type of cancer?" I asked.

"Not any they heard of or come across. So that's why there no cure."

He embraced me into a hug, "Please be strong. I have only ten days to live." I did ask he told me. I was going to be strong. No crying, just a painful serious face.

"I wish I was more of a better father."

"Your the best dad I'll ever have." I said beginning to cry. Nope be strong.

"I'll be going. Bye [Y/N]." he got up and waved good bye. Before he left, he tossed the car keys to Mike.

"I'll won't be needing those. You can have the car when you start driving [Y/N]."

"Bye Dad... I love you."

"Love you too."