Chapter 38

[Reader]

The day ended fast and swiftly. I still thought about how I'm going to tell Mike. You know what! I don't care anymore, I'm going to tell him once I see him. He has no custody over me.

I rushed to my locker preparing to leave. As I placed in my combination, an envelope fell out. I picked it up and opened it.

It read,

Dear (Y/n),

I'm going to get staright to the point!

I like you, I want you to be mine.

You can't reject me!

Sincerely,

Forever Yours

I'm officially creeped out. I crumpled the paper and threw it away. Who the heck thinks someone will fall in love with them if they force them like that.

I ran out the door hoping to catch up to the others and tell them what I just read. Yuki probably would laugh that someone like me.. but who cares.

They were waiting outside of their limo. I could see Yuki gazing at me from a distance, angered as usual. As I got closer to them, my name was called off in the distance. I looked to see Mike waving at me.

Well... it's now or never. I changed course and headed towards Mike. His face was beeming with joy. To bad I'm going to ruin it.

"Hey Mike..." I said as I stopped in front of him.

His smile widened. "Hello (y/n). How was your day at school?"

"It was okay..." I paused. "Uh... I have something to tell you."

"Which is?" he said lowering himself.

"I'm leaving..." I squeaked.

Silence filled the air, it's as if everyone else heard out conversation and wanted to listen in. This made me uncomfortable.

"Get in the car (y/n)." he demanded. What?

"Sorry, but I can't. I'm leaving with my friends." plus Yuki.

"I'm but it's not your choice. Your father entrusted you with me."

"Okay.. but it's my life and in can decide—"

"Get in the car!" he shouted. I looked off in the distance seeing Yuzu getting upset.

"Look, I'm going—"

"(Y/N)—!"

"Is there a problem?" I fixed my attention to this lady walking towards us.

"Whom might you be?" Mike asked.

"Bethany." she answered. She was pretty.

"Well there isn't a pro—"

"I wanna stay with my friends but he won't let me." I interupted.

Bethany looked at me closely. Her green orbs twinkled.

"You must be (y/n). I'm one of the Rai family's personal driver. Please come with me." she said putting her hand out.

I grabbed it. Her eyes widened. "I actually wanted to take your bag." she said awkwardly. I passed my bag to her, a hint of pink formed on my cheeks.

"She can't fo with you! I'm her—!"

"Ms. Rai filled out custody forms for you. We just need a signature." Bethany told me.

"Oh really. When did she have time to do that?" I questioned.

"Well she loved you the moment she met you. So she decided to get custody over you, but you went back home before you could sign." Bethany smiled.

"Cool, I'll sign once I get their." I said. I looked to Mike who was fuming with rage. "I'm signing those papers. I get this is goodbye."

I turned and walked away, picking up the pace as well. Bethany was right behind me.

Kiyoshi and the others were already in the limo. I seated inside right next to Yuki.

He glanced at me then stuck his tongue out. I pinched him, causing him to punch me.

"Can you guys please stop?" Kimiko asked.

"Sorry..." I said.

Yuki just clicked his tongue in annoyance which made Kimiko twitch.

"Once we get home (y/n), I'll show you your room." Yuzu said.

"Thank you." I smiled.

———

Image of Bethany above 🔝