Chapter Fifteen

Niall's POV

"It'll be OK," I whisper to Skylar as I rock her back and forth.

"No it won't," she sobs. "Mum's gone. Forever!"

I sigh and hold her tight. I caught her right before she ran out the door. She really runs a lot.

"What am I going to do, Niall?" she asks, looking up at me. Her usually bright brown eyes are filled with tears and sadness, "I've lost her forever."

"First, you're going to stop crying and wipe your tears. Then, you're going to come with me," I say with a smile.

"Where are we going?" Skylar asks as I help her stand up.

"We are going to pack. Get Liam to pack too," I say.

Skylar disappears upstairs and Harry comes in.

"She OK?" he asks.

"Not really but I'm taking her and Liam to visit their dad."

"Do they know?" Harry asks.

"No," I say, looking away.

"Good luck," he says, leaving again.

"Thanks!"

"We're ready," Liam says as he comes down with two suitcases. One I assumed was Skylar's.

I take their suitcases and place them in the car and start to drive.

I look at Skylar who had fallen asleep in her seat and I can't help but smile. I had the perfect plan.

************

"Dad!" Skylar cheers, jumping into her father's arms.

"Hey Sky," he says.

"Hey Dad," Liam says with a handshake to his dad.

"Hey son," Mr. Payne says.

"Hello Mr. Payne," I say, shaking his hand.

"Hey there Niall," he says, then much quieter says, "thanks for bringing them here."

"No problem sir," I say.

***************

"I think we should use tulips," Liam says.

They were planning the funneral, but Skylar had to step out. She had gone upstairs to her old room.

"Let's have it at the church you grew up going to," Mr. Payne adds.

"I'm going to go check on Skylar," I say as I stand up and head outside.

"OK," Liam and Mr. Payne say.

I head upstairs and look into the rooms, trying to figure out which one is Skylar's.

I found her room, but it was empty. I walked in and smiled at how much it resembled her. She had posters of us, pictures of her and her friends, magazines everywhere, and song quotes on the walls. What caught my eye was a bucket list.

It had the usual "go to this place" or "ride this ride", but one thing caught my eye.

"12.) Be kissed in the rain by a guy I love."

I place the list down and look around until I notice the window was open. She didn't jump, did she?

I rush to the window and look out. The roofing outside of it was flat and made a good makeshift balcony. Skylar knew that. She was sitting there, curled up and hugging her knees, looking up at the dark clouds that were forming.