Chapter Four

Liam's POV

My little sister and Niall. Not happening. She has a boyfriend, a very bad boyfriend, but a boyfriend. And Niall is my best mate. He can't date my sister. What happens when they break up? Yeah, I said "when", not "if" because I know they would eventually break up. They can't do that whole cuddly thing again. I'll make sure of it.

When Skylar left to go upstairs and shower, leaving Niall and me alone in the kitchen, I saw this as the perfect opportunity to speak to him.

"Niall," I begin, using my "Daddy Tone", as the boys call it, "what happened with Skylar last night?"

"Relax lad," he tells me as he shovels food into his mouth, "She was scared so I comforted her, then we just fell asleep. Nothing happened. She has a boyfriend, and I respect that."

"Fine, whatever. Just don't let it happen again," I grumble as I walk out of the kitchen and flop onto the couch.

Some people might call me overprotective, but this is my little sister we're talking about. She's vulnerable. Always has been without realizing it. And her no-good boyfriend worries me. Everytime she comes home from being with him, she has a new bruise or cut somewhere on her body. It got as bad as rushing her to the ER one night. I don't know why she stays with him. It's not healthy for her.

She comes skipping down the stairs a few minues later.

"So LiDumb," she says, "what are we doing today?"

"First, we have to go to the studio to record for a little while, but we'll be back around noon. Then the boys and I are taking you shopping," I saw, not taking my eyes off of my juice and pancakes.

"Perfect! I need new shoes!" she says with a giggle before getting serious again. "Liam, relax, I have a boyfriend so you don't need to worry about me getting all cuddly with Niall. We just feel asleep and never moved, so chill out!"

"Yeah, whatever. And I know you have a boyfriend. It's just that he ch-" she slaps her hand over my mouth as Niall walks back into the room.

Niall gives us a weird look as he passes, obviously confused, but that's Niall. He is never not confused.

I lower Skylar's hand from my mouth as her phone rings.

"Hello?" She says in a peppy voice, "Oh, hi Zack!"

I roll my eyes at this and she sticks her tongue out at me before skipping upstairs to continue her conversation with that beast. 

I get the rest of the boys to shower and get dressed before heading to the studio. We had to be on time or else our manager would kill us. We've already been late three out of five days this week.

When we returned, Skylar wasn't downstairs anywhere. I assumed she was getting ready to shop and I brushed it off. I headed up to my room to change into more shopping appropriate clothes. Then I started to hear a muffled cry.

"Skylar?" I whisper yell.

She opens the door. I can tell she's been crying a long time by the way her eyes were so red, they had already started to turn a light purple and her face was a pink color.

I knew it was that moron of a boyfriend and I immediatly pulled her into a tight hug and help her close.

Harry's POV

Me and Louis were texting each other the whole way home from the studio so Liam wouldn't be able to hear us talking.

Louis the Sexy Beast: Skylar and Niall, huh? Do they have a thing for each other or what?

Me: I think so. Niall really seems to fancy her. But she is good at hiding her emotions. And stop changing your name in my contacts!

Louis the Sexy Beast: You know you love it ;)

I chuckle at his text. Then one from Liam pops up.

Liam: Whatever you to are doing back there, it doesn't look good.

I guess Louis got the same message because he immediatly gave me a look that said "we should probably stop now."

We ride the rest of the way home in silence. When we arrived back at the flat, Liam was already upstairs, trying to find Skylar and get changed. I gave Louis a look and he nodded.

As soon as Niall walked by, we tackled him from each side onto the couch and held him down.

"What was that for?" Niall screamed at us.

"Tell us what you know!" Louis yelled in Niall's face.

Niall gave me a questioning look, so I said it in non-Louis language.

"Tell us what you think about Skylar!" I say, keeping a grip on his arm.

"S-skylar?" He stutters, "well, shes quiet, but if you can get her to talk, she's a pretty funny person. She's fun to be around. I do fancy her, but she has a boyfriend and I respect that. And if I did end up dating her somehow, it would be weird. She is a girl version of Liam. Same wavy brown hair, just a shade darker than sienna. Same big brown eyes that sparkle when she's happy..."

"Oh my God!" Louis exclaims, "You really are in love!"

"Am not!" he yells at him.

"Are too!" he yells. "NIALL'S IN LOOOOVE!" He sings as he runs around, being chased by Niall who is now very mad.

I just laughed at their fighting, falling on the floor.

Skylar's POV

I run into my room as I talk on the phone with Zack. These conversations usually end up with my crying and I can't have five boys see me in a mess.

"Is something wrong?" I ask as I settle down.

"Yes you stupid little girl! Something is wrong! I texted you six times asking for you to call me immediatly and you didn't!" he screams.

I look down at my phone and see that I did in fact have six messages. All recieved in the middle of the night.

"Zack, there's a time diffrence. I recieved these at three in th-"

"Shut up!" he spits into the speaker, "You should always respond to me, now matter what time of it is, you understand?"

I start to cry as I say, "Yes, I'm sorry."

"Don't cry!" he screams, "it means you're weak!"

"Sorry Zack," I sniffle as I wipe my tears.

"Whatever. When you're done being pathetic call me. God Skylar, you are hopeless."

I heard the click of him hanging up and I burst into tears.

Hopeless.

Am I hopeless?

"Skylar?"

That's Liam's voice.

I open the door and try to wipe my tears as fast as I can. He takes one look at me and pulls me into a tight hug and kisses my forehead.

"You have to dump him," he tells me.

"I can't."